Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oh what a day....

So today was just one of those days where when you wake up something just tells you, "Get back in there and don't come out until tomorrow." I should have listened. It started off with changing Macy 3 times in a 15 minute period before taking her to MDO. She managed to get THREE different outfits dirty. Finally, the kids are dressed and ready to head out the door. We get to MDO and Macy begins to throw a fit because she doesn't want to go in without me. OH MY!! We've been doing this for over a year you'd think she'd get used to it. I know, it's a new year, new class, new teachers it's going to take some time. I gave her a BIG kiss and hug and tell her I love her and I'll be back in a little bit. It's a good thing 2 year old can't tell time.


Next Madeline and I headed to the dreaded doctor. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my doctor but she tends to run a little behind. I like her because she is very thorough at what she does so I don't mind waiting as long as she spends the time I need. So I've not been feeling well lately...Several issues going on and so after 4 vials of blood taken, a chest x-ray, and being sent to have a CT done she has determined (with the tests that she has back) that I am Hypoglycemic and there is a chance that I may have kidney stones. Oh Goody!! We'll see what the CT scan shows to know for sure. So now after much avoidance of doing a diet, I'm forced to to get the hypoglycemia under control. I can do it especially if it makes me feel better. So after 1.45 hours at the doctor I get Madeline to school, run a few errands while I have NO kids with me, and then head to pick up Macy at school. She was very excited to see me. However, her teacher informed me that she stops crying about 1.5 minutes after I leave. I know this.


Madeline got home from school and we head to gymnastics. Madeline did very well today. We head home where homework has begun. The pencil sharpener is FULL of pencil shavings so Madeline takes it to dump in the trash when......CRASH..........the sharpener hits the ground and shavings go EVERYWHERE. UGH!!! We get that cleaned up, when CRASH........Macy somehow figures out how to get the lid off her sippy cup and strawberry pediasure is EVERYWHERE. UGH!! I need to get dinner started so I do FINALLY and everything is going smooth......................for 10 minutes when I hear this






(Yes, that's the infamous Riley I have talked about before.) chomping on Madeline's crayons. I walk into the formal dining where she had been doing her homework and I find that Riley has eaten 3/4 of the crayons in the box and left most of the paper and shards of crayon all over the floor. Come on, what dog UNWRAPS the crayons before eating them. Apparently mine, because it makes for a BIGGER MESS!! I would have attached a picture but my camera is broken...AGAIN!!


Finally, hubs gets home from work. He's in the kitchen fixing his dinner plate, I'm helping Madeline with her last bit of homework when he yells for me to "Come here, FAST." I get up and run into the kitchen because I can hear Macy crying. "I think she drank some of that." he says. Here's what she drank........




What is it you ask? It is the oil burner that I burn my scented oils in from Bath and Body Works. I had some oil in it from a few days ago and Macy had climbed up on the counter to wash her hands and I guess saw it (even though she's seen it a million times) and decided she wanted to know what it tasted like. Not good. Her lips were burning and she wanted a drink. I went into to panic mode. Thank goodness my best friend/neighbor is a nurse and she came over to calm me down. We called Poison Control and they got all my information. I felt like I was being questioned as if I had given it to her and was being turned in to Child Protective Services. I know they have to get the information. Finally, they assured me she would be fine. "Wipe out her mouth and around her mouth, allow her to have something to drink and eat." "She may get an upset stomach and could vomit but she will be ok. THANK GOD!! So that has been my day. I'm now going to take my stressed out body to a hot bath and then to bed.
One more thing, tomorrow is the National Day of Rememberance for pregnancy and infant loss. As many of you know, I lost our second child in January 2005, you can read about it here . Please keep all those mothers and fathers who have lost a child due to miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS, or any other infant death. We never forget that child that is no longer with us.

Goodnight!!

0 comments: