Friday, October 31, 2008

A limo ride, a Halloween Carnival, and a NOT so Happy Halloween....

Yesterday was Madeline's big day...She got to go on her very first limo ride with two of her friends from school. Here are the girls waited so anxiously to take a ride.





They were so excited. All three were so "girlie" and "giggly" while they waited. It finally showed back up and it was there turn.





Getting ready to get in.



Madeline with one last smile.



The hummer limo.



Sitting inside...Can you see her? She's way in the back. I'm not sure she knew what to think once she got in it. After they careened around town for a little bit they got to stop and have ice cream. She had a blast.

Macy also had her Halloween carnival at Mother's Day Out. She was so excited when I got her costume out to put on. Look how sweet she looks....


When we got to school she marched right in with her pumpkin basket and told the teachers she was ready to "Trick or Treat". Here she is posing outside of her classroom door.


I volunteered to man the lollipop tree and boy could those little ones pull lollipops fast. They would grab two or three at a time. It is so much fun to see the joy and happiness on their faces when they are free to run around a great big room and grab all the candy they want. Macy is just now understanding how the whole Halloween/candy thing works. When I arrived to help her class had just gotten in the room and she had already snagged some candy. Here's the conversation we had.

Macy: "Mommy look at all dis candy." (at this point there were about 5 pieces in her bucket)
Me: "Wow, that's a lot of candy."
Macy: "Can I keep it?"
Me: "Yes, you won it, it's all yours."
Macy: "Thank you, mommy. Your the best. I love you."

That was easy. I'm a hero in my daughters eyes because I allow her to keep all that sugar. Now, she wasn't very happy when I told her I had to leave and take sissy to school. She wanted to come with me. The teacher got her back in the class told her about the pizza they were about to eat and all was good with the world again. A few shots at the carnival....


Macy and friends.


Showing her friends her loot.



Macy playing the duck game.
Madeline was a big help. She took Macy around to all the "stations" and was a great big sister. I think she was helping her win and chose things that MADELINE wanted. HA!

Now for the not so HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Last night at about 6:30, Macy began complaining her stomach hurt. Knowing that she had eaten a bunch of "junk" that afternoon I gave her a pepto chewable to help calm her stomach down. Then at about 7:00 she came to me saying it still hurt and within 30 seconds she began throwing up. We got her cleaned up and the mess cleaned up and laid her on the couch because my show was coming on and I wanted to keep an eye on her. She quickly fell asleep. She woke up again to throw up. This continued all night. I slept upstairs with Macy so I could keep an eye on her and be there when she threw up again. At about 1:00 am Hubs is at the bottom of the stairs yelling for help. You got it. Child #1 has now began throwing up. I'll spare you the details but let's just say my room looked like it was invaded by spaghetti o's. Bathe Madeline, clean the floors, stripe the bed (she got to sleep with daddy since Macy slept with me, I bet daddy wished he didn't make that compromise earlier in the night..HA!) and haul her upstairs, trash can in hand to the "sick room". So the remainder of my night consisted of holding trash cans for both girls, wiping their mouths and necks with a cold rag, taking them down to potty, and trying to keep them as comfortable of possible. Needless to say, it was a sleepless night. The worst part is that Madeline is SO UPSET to have to miss her Character parade at school today and she is so worried about not getting to wear her costume. I told her if she rested today and was not throwing up and was feeling better we could go trick or treating to a few houses. What a HALLOWEEN!! Please pray that hubs or I don't catch "the bug" and that the girls get over it quickly and fell better fast. It's no fun watching your little ones sick.


I'll leave you with this sweet picture of Madeline




Hope you all have a SAFE and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
I'll be revealing tomorrow what Madeline is (with pictures) for Halloween. Get those guesses in. Remember there is a prize.

1 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

Okay those pictures were absolutely precious!!! What cute costumes! (o:

Hope your girls feel better - that bug does not sound fun!

My guess for the costume is Jasmine from Aladdin - that was the only thing I could think of that came close to your clues. And I know I'm probably way off! Either way, cant' wait to see what she is!