Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's a brand new day...

This morning started off MUCH better than yesterday morning. However, I was awoken this morning by hearing Macy playing. I thought Madeline must have gotten her out of her crib and they are in the living room playing. I get up, go into the office to check my email, and continue listening to what I thought was both girls which ended up only being Macy. Madeline comes out of her bedroom having just awoken herself (she's my sleeper). So I look confusingly at Madeline and ask her, "Did you get Macy out of her bed this morning?" She replies, "I slept in and just woke up." So I look at Macy and she says to me, " I did it by myself. I climbed out all by myself." Apparently she figured out that all she has to do is climb out of her bed and have herself a little party while everyone else sleeps. Thank God she didn't get into anything. I'm just shocked she didn't come and get me. So I guess that answers the question hubs and I have been asking ourselves. "At what point do we take the rails down and turn her bed into a toddler bed?" I guess now. We'll see if it happens again. I'm really going to have to "TOODLER PROOF" my house since she will be on the loose. She is my climber, my explorer, my bargainer, my dreamer, my BABY!! I'm not ready for her to be out of her crib. Why do they have to grow so fast. To all you moms with newborns, or if you are pregnant, ENJOY your little ones because they turn into little people right before your eyes.
Please remember at some point today to lift up all the moms and dads that have lost a child at any stage.
I'm lifting up all moms but in particular two friends of mine that have lost children. My best friend, Raina lost her second born child, Hunter Colton on Dec. 22, 2000. He was born with a birth defect known as hydrops. He only lived a few short minutes. He will always be remembered. Also, and just recently, a dear friend of mine Chad and his wife Kelly lost their firstborn Brayden Lane, on June 24, 2008. He has an AMAZING story and his parents are AMAZING people. You can read about Sweet Brayden here you can also continue to follow their story here. They are expecting again, a complete surprise and special gift from God. Please keep all those who have lost in your prayers today.

1 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Ha! That cracks me up that she let herself out! My mom said my favorite phrase as a kid was "do it myself." Big shocker.

Good luck with graduating to a big-girl bed!