Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I got one...

Ok, so I decided I could not go ANY LONGER without a camera. So I went shopping today and found one. So that means more pictures...YAY!! I had to have one for Madeline's first limo ride, both of the girls Halloween festivities and of course, Halloween.

I ended up getting a Sony H10. I'm not a HUGE photographer....I know NOTHING about photography or even how to take pictures. I just needed a decent camera that takes good pictures both inside and outside. So far I am loving it. I hope you are ready to start seeing some more pictures.

I have some exciting news to share with all of you. As I'm going through Madeline's homework folder I come across a note.....from the principal. Madeline was chosen as "Student of the Month". She will get to be awarded at the next PTA meeting, we have to make a poster board all about her (pictures to come when we finish it), and gets to have a special time with the principal. The criteria used in the selection are as follows: exhibits outstanding behavior, puts forth their best effort, sets a good example for others, is respectful to everyone, and makes an effort to improve citizenship. Of course, a picture with the winning letter.



We are so proud of you princess.
Now, I need to share a funny story. Today as I'm in Best B*y shopping for a camera Macy is looking at other things. She comes over to me holding a 3 pack of VHS tapes and says to me,

Macy: "Mommy, I want these. I love em." (with the sweetest little look on her face)
Me: "Macy, do you know what they are?"
Macy: "Yes, I always want dem." "Can I have dem, peas."
Me: "They are not a toy for children."
Macy: "Yes, they are perfect."
Me: "Macy, they are movie tapes that have NO MOVIE on them."
Macy: "Oh, (puts them down and comes back with a camera bag) How bout this purse." "I love it." "I need it."
Me: "No, that is not a purse it's a camera bag and you don't have a camera."
Macy: "Buy me one."

UGH!! This just goes to show that I buy my kids WAY to much stuff. It's got to stop. She thinks that every store she goes in she needs something. What have I created?

Alright, I will be back tomorrow with LOTS of pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Madeline!! That is so exciting. Isn't it nice when the school recognizes what you already knew was there? As I am continuing my kindergarten search (we have so many choices just within the public schools)it's nice to see a school that is working and values it's students.

Jaime said...

What wonderful news for Madeline. She is a very special girl to be chosen I am not surprised at all. I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about the PTA night.

And yay for you have fun with your new camera.

Laura Ann said...

http://kkskreations.blogspot.com/

Okay, so what is Madeline for Halloween, I have yet to figure it out. Can't wait to see pictures from your new camera and the party today!

amy (metz) walker said...

Yay for pictures! I'm a huge fan of this idea... ;-)