Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Monday to you all....




I hope this post finds everyone doing well. We have had a busy weekend. Friday morning Madeline wakes up and comes in to tell me that she wants to get her ears pierced today. "Are you sure?" Yes, I want them pierced now, before school. I decide to hold off on getting them done in case later in the day she decides she really doesn't want to. First, we have to get past one BIG obstacle......DADDY!! He has not wanted her to get her ears pierced for some time. He has wanted it to be her idea and something that she wanted not others. She told him it was her idea and that she really wanted it done. He gave her "permission". So after I picked her up I took her to SWEET & SASSY to get her hair cut and her ears pierced. It was like a little afternoon of beauty. Of course, my camera is still broken so there are no pictures. I took some with my phone but they didn't turn out so well. Madeline was so brave. She didn't even cry. The girls were awesome and none of us led on to what was about to happen. They brought the guns around behind her, shot them both at the same time, and they were done. I actually got a little teary eyed when I looked at my little girl and she had pierced ears. For some reason it made her look older and I felt like my little girl had grown 10 years in that short moment. I'll get some pictures to put on here later.


Saturday we spent the day at my cousins house. She hosted a Party Lite party. I got some candles and these

Aren't they cute? I'm not exactly sure where I'm going to put them but I'm sure I will find a place for them. Brad went and played golf with my cousins husband. They had a great time. Brad doesn't get to play golf as much as he would like so it was fun for him to go play.


Sunday, Madeline BEST FRIEND (our neighbor) Rachel, got baptised. It was like watching my own child up there. We are so proud of the decision that Rachel made to ask Christ to come into her life and live for HIM.





Here's a picture of Rachel and Madeline together. Can you tell what they have been up to? This picture was taken after we made hubs birthday cake a few weeks ago. They had been eating the left over batter.


I'm calling upon all prayer warriors again. Please continue to keep Jake and Erica in your prayers but we also have some dear friends the Murray's that need prayer. They added a new addition to their family on Saturday, Baby Adam, was born 4 weeks early. He needed some oxygen right after birth but has since been able to get off the oxygen and is breathing room air and is able to regulate his own body temperature. The only issue is with his feedings. He needs to be able to eat better before coming home. They are looking at a couple of weeks before he will come home. He is a HEALTHY 7 lbs. 1 oz, 19 inch long boy. Just got to get those feedings right. So pray that he gets the hang of it soon and can start eating without the tube. Also, they have a beautiful 5 year old daughter, MacKenzie, who is having a hard time with all of this. She isn't able to go in and see baby brother so she's having a hard time understanding. The fun thing about all this is this. The Murray's and the Jaggaers (Jake & Erica) are neighbors and both girls are at the same hospital so they are able to still visit one another even in the hospital. They get to hang out (well Deanna in Erica's room) and visit during the day. Please keep all these families in your prayers. If you have any prayer requests for me, I believe in the power of prayer and would love to pray for and with you....Just drop me a comment or you can email me at dc1075@hotmail.com .

I'm hoping to get my camera either fixed or get a new one soon. I am missing out on so many memorable things with the girls. So many times I've thought, "I've got to take a picture of that to show all my blog friends." And then I remember, NO CAMERA!! UGH!

Have a great week everyone.

4 comments:

lots_of_love_four_kids said...

Hi Danielle,
Wow! I had a very similar situation with Katelyn- she decided she wanted her ears pierced- and she had to get Daddy's permission. I too got a litle teary seeing her with them done. Oh- they grow-up so fast!
I will be praying for your friends and their precious babies. Thank you for telling us bloggers about them so we can hold them in prayer. If you are willing to- our family could really use prayers for His help, and I am still suffering with my chronic headache- for almost 3 months now. Thank you for your posts!
-Jenni

Laura Ann said...

Praying for all your friends. Oh, people drive us crazy about not having Emma's ears pierced and I ALWAYS say when she is old enough to ask us, she can get it done. Otherwise, we are really just doing it for ourselves and not for her and that is just silly. I really appreciated your blog today. My husband will have to give us permission too...you are not alone ;O). Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Danielle, we have not met yet, but I am Erica's mother. I want to thank you for your constant prayers and friendship, for getting the word out to other people (the more people that know, the more we have praying) and most important for lifting them up to God with your words about Him. You have a beautiful family and I thank God daily for sending us friends like you to keep us believing in Him and His plans for us. Brenda Blagg

Anonymous said...

Thank you Danielle for all your thoughts and prayers. I am doing well right now. Can't thank you enough for calling on all of your prayer warriors, but you have been another angel sent to us from God. Keep doing what you do and I will be in touch soon. - Erica