Thursday, October 2, 2008

Allow me to brag....

So I've always known that my oldest (and my youngest but this one is all about Miss Madeline) child, Madeline, is VERY SMART. I know, I know, ALL parents say that BUT she is. She always did things way early. She walked at 9 months, talked with 2-3 word sentences at 16 months, potty trained at 22 months, could write her name at a little under 3 years, knew her address and phone number at 2.5. I'm know, gag me huh? I'm very proud of my children, can you tell? This week at school they have been doing the TPRI (Texas Primary Reading Inventory) testing on all the children. So when I went to pick Madeline up from school yesterday her teacher brought her to the car and told me that Madeline had ACED the TPRI and that she was ready to be READING books. She said that each week Madeline would be coming home with a different book that she was to be reading. YEAH for Madeline. I knew she was ready. She's been doing some "Inventive" spelling for a while now so I knew it wouldn't be long. She has wanted to learn to read and write for so long. She's on her way. She's just getting so big.
Madeline also did her evaluation at gymnastics yesterday because her current coach said she was ready to go to the next level. That is 4 levels in one year that she has done in gymnastics. As soon as she completes this level (Girls Silver) she will be ready to be on the TEAM. We are hoping that by next year she will be ready to do Team which is competitions. She does really well at gymnastics and enjoys it so much. I just hate what it will do to her body when she's my age because I am feeling all the years of cheerleading, tumbling, and gymnastics on my back and neck. Oh well....it's worth it, right?
I guess that's all the bragging I will do on My sweet Madeline....FOR NOW!!
Thanks for allowing me to brag a little, ok A LOT.

I love this girl!!!


Clue #2 Madeline's Halloween Costume
It's sparkly.
Any guesses?

2 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Yay for Madeline! That's great! Momma's and Wifeys are always allowed to brag :)

Laura Ann said...

Not only is she cute as can be...she is also very smart. Way to go Madeline. About the Halloween costume...sparkly, uh...I am dreaming of sparkly over here. You have to look at my latest post of what my sweet Emma is going to be.