Monday, September 1, 2008

Fun Times in the city....

We had a fun, short trip to Oklahoma this past weekend. The main reason for the trip was for a family reunion on my side of the family. Not everyone was there but there were still 34 people. The kids all had a great time in the swimming pool. It's weird to sit and do what my parents/aunts/uncles used to do. Watch all the "kids" play. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I WAS THE KID. I was trying to figure up how many grandchildren and great-grandchildren there are on my mother's side of the family. My mother is the youngest of six (3 boys, 3 girls). There are 12 grandchildren and 16 and one on the way great-grandchildren. Both of my mom's parents are deceased but I know they would have the best time with all the great grandchildren running around. I'm glad my aunt planned the whole get together because we don't get together as an "entire family" that often. You know how it is. Everyone lives all spread out and everyone leads busy lives these days. I did enjoy seeing everyone though. My kids had a blast in the pool and PAPA (my dad) joined the kids and became a kids himself...I have the pictures to prove it...Take a look...............









Yes, that is my almost SIXTY year old father coming down the slide. You should have seen him pushing all the little kids out of the way so he could do it again...*NOT REALLY* Although, he did go down it several times.

Here are the girls....


Macy climbed up to the top all ready to go down and spotted the little hose that wets the slide and decided that she needed to clean in between each and EVERY toe. Her sister got a little impatient with her and shoved her down the slide. SHE WAS DONE after that. NO MORE SLIDE. Thanks Madeline!!


Here is Miss Sassy Pants herself. I don't know why she always thinks she needs to "strike a pose".











Madeline going down the slide....






Macy was done at this point. Daddy had Ice cream and chocolate cake. Can you guess why she was done?

When we got back to my parents after an afternoon of fun here's what I found......







They were worn out. Poor sweet babies....


While we were there we also got to get in some loving on Tyler time. I was in shock at just how much he had grown in the 3 weeks since I had seen him last. Take a look. This is what we found when we got to their house....



Isn't he just the cutest chubby bunny you've ever seen.






When we first got there Brad took no time in picking him up and HOGGING him. HA! I did steal him away and then we went the guys out to go to the sporting goods store together. We all went to lunch at one of my favorite places in Oklahoma City, Alvarado's Mexican. They have the best chimichanga's ANYWHERE.
Back to Tyler:
He is so kissable and squeezable. He is a VERY good baby too. I wish I would have gotten some video of him. He is very vocal. He grunts LOUDLY while he is sleeping and he can toot with any grown man. (Hope you don't mind me saying that about your son, guys?) He's so cute and I can't wait to see him again.

That pretty much sums up the get away to Oklahoma City. It's back to school tomorrow for Madeline. She was a little upset that she didn't have school today.
Hope everyone had a safe and happy labor day holiday.

1 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

I was cracking up laughing at the picture of your dad going down the slide. I'm not sure I could get my dad IN a pool, much less to go down the slide!