Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The "Better" things in life....

Macy started back to MDO (Mother's Day Out) today. She was so excited to get to play with new friends. She got right up this morning and didn't fight me to put her pretty clothes on. We headed to the new school (old school, new building). Of course, right when we get there Macy starts saying, "I need to go potty, I need to go potty." What is it with kids and seeing EVERY PUBLIC POTTY possible? Into the bathroom we go. Here is what we see when we go in....

They have it all decorated beautifully and have supplied the people of the church with mouthwash, hairspray, deodorant, etc. I wonder if the men's bathroom is as fancy? I'll have to have hubs go check it out sometime..HA!! Now, sorry Madeline, I know you asked me not to tell anyone about what happened in the bathroom this morning, but it's just too good not to share with these kind people. So here it goes....
We go in for Macy to use the potty. Madeline decided while she was in there she should probably try it out too. Once finished we all come out of the stall to wash our hands. I am assisting Macy when I look over and see Madeline pumping this

into her hands (thankfully nothing came out). I start laughing. She looks at me and says, "What's so funny?" (kinda laughing herself because I'm laughing so hard). I quickly tell her, "That's not soap, it's mouthwash." She looks back at it and says, "Why is there mouthwash in the bathroom at church?" I explained that they want it to look nice and it's to pamper the women of the church. She looks at me and says, "That's weird, mouthwash at church." "Well then which one of all this is soap." I point to the soap dispenser attached to the sink. All the while still giggling. She washes her hands and on the way out says, "Mom, don't tell anyone about this." In my head I'm thinking, "Yeah right, I can't wait to tell everyone." HA!! She is so precious. I love the innocence of a child. Macy wanted to take all these

with her. She kept saying, "Somewon yeave dare wocks in da sink" (Someone leave their rocks in the sink). What an experience for the girls! I guess I haven't taken them to enough POSH environments. HA!!
Here is my precious 2 year old on her first day of school.


Afterwards Madeline and I headed to the gym so I could work out. A much needed chore in my life. We came home, got Madeline ready and fed for school. After taking her to school I had 2 hours of just ME time. It's amazing how quickly that time went by.
When I picked Macy up the teachers gave me a great report. Macy had a great first day and even TOOK A NAP. That is unheard of for Macy while at school. Last year she NEVER slept. Mrs. Amanda and Mrs. Crystal must have the magic touch. Kudos to them both. I'm looking forward to Thursday. Maybe I can go have lunch with a friend or something fun. We'll see.

5 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Ok, so I'm laughing at how cute it is that your very young daughter sprayed mouthwash in her hands thinking it was soap. The not so funny part is that I did this at the gym literally just a few weeks ago. Guess I'm not used to classy places either! Yea, that's it. ;-)

Laura Ann said...

This is the cutest story ever...Emma would have wanted to take all the "wocks" too.

Jaime said...

I loved reading this blog! I have a big smile on my face now. First, I am glad you had some much deserved alone time. And second, I love the bathroom story about the mouthwash that would not have lathered very well, lol. Good to hear Macy had a good day at MDO I bet she feels like a big girl just like big sister.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

So cute! I love little ones speak :) And I cracking up with the rocks in the bottom of the sink, I might have asked the same question at first too, ha! Wow, that is so great that she napped, very impressive, yay for the teachers too!

Cindy said...

Do you take your camera everywhere? Is this what I will do once I become a Mom? I do it when I take roadtrips anyway, but I need a smaller one to put in my purse I guess.
Too Cute! Your girls are awesome!