Monday, September 8, 2008

Swim lessons and a pat on the back.

Macy started swim lessons today for the first time (sorry no pictures, I had to get in the water with her and I didn't trust Madeline with the camera beside the pool). If you've been keeping up with my blog for some time you have seen how much of a fish she is. She loves to swim and is all over the pool. Today was a little different. I'm not sure if she was uncomfortable in the new environment around people she didn't know but it took her a while to get adjusted and realize that she was going to have to get in the pool without her swim vest and do it by herself. In the class that she is in they want to teach her to hold her breath for 10 seconds. She did better than I expected. I'm hoping that next week she will feel more comfortable and not be so "shy" about going under water. She can tread water very well for her age. She was able to kick her feet enough to keep her head above water. The teacher was impressed. We just need to get her to get comfortable with swimming under water for at least 10 seconds. In the next stage they teach them to swim at least 3 feet and swim to the wall and climb out on their own. She's got the climbing out by herself down it's just swimming to the wall. We will get there. She will have class once a week every week until the middle of December. We shall see. Wish us luck.
Madeline had a great day at Kindergarten. She came out to the car today when I picked her up yelling as she got into the car, "I got a "Pat on the back" today!" That's the "award" for good behavior. Yeah for Madeline!! She is loving school and I am so glad. She was very sad when I told her that she was going to probably miss a day because we had to go to Oklahoma for the Great's funeral. She called Brad's grandparents the "greats". That's just what he was. Here is Madeline showing off her "Pat on the back"


She was so proud.

Macy wanted her picture taken too...Look how ornery she looks here.



I wanted to thank all of you for your extreme kind words and condolences. It's nice to have people pray with and for you. It will be a hard end of the week but I know lots of great stories will be shared too. We are looking forward to spending time with all our family.

Speaking of family, many have asked about my new NIECE or nephew to be. I think it's a girl but they haven't found out what it is yet. My brother and Jaime had an ultrasound last week but apparently she was too shy to reveal her parts. They are going back on the 12th to have another look and hopefully this time will find out. I can't wait to start shopping. If you know me I have wanted to be an aunt FOREVER. I became one over a year ago with my nephew, Austen (Brad's brother and wife) and now I get to have another to spoil. I'll let you know what she is as soon as they tell me. (Sorry Aaron and Jaime it's just my guess. I could be wrong too). However, here is the precious baby....


Pretty cute huh? Look at those hands though!!

Hope you all have a great week...

1 comments:

Jaime said...

Your so sweet. Thanks for sharing the ultrasound. Everyone seems to think the baby is a girl and Garrett is positive it is a boy. We will find out on Friday if the shyness has worn off! Love you guys