Sunday, September 28, 2008

My GOD is SO GOOD!!!


This is the view that I got to wake up to early on Saturday morning. My Maker makes nothing more beautiful than an open piece of land with a beautiful sunrise. I could feel his presences in this moment. I am in AWE when I think of My HEAVENLY FATHER. My GOD is GOOD!!
If you read my previous post you know that this weekend was the Women's retreat with my church. I look forward to this weekend every year. There is nothing like spending a weekend with WOMEN who LOVE our GOD. We all had a great time worshiping, praising, and being broken before our Father. This weekend's theme was Radiance . We talked about being broken before the father and allowing his grace and glory to SHINE through us in our walk. We must unveil our faces and be transformed. In 2 Corinthians it says, "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." We all have struggles, some big, some not so big but if we appear broken before our Father he promises us he will carry us through. He will never leave us, nor forsake us. I have a peace knowing that no matter what I'm going through I can always count on HIM.
We all got a bag with a coffee mug in it. We discussed being broken, what it meant, and if we have things that need to be brought to father we come to him broken in a million pieces and slowly he will put those pieces back together as long as we trust in him always and together we can be whole again. Each one of us prayed and then threw our mug on the ground and shattered it in tiny pieces. This helped give us a visual of just what the father sees in us. When we get home we are to put that mug back together and keep it as a reminder that we aren't perfect. When you get that mug back together there are going to be cracks, there are going to be pieces that didn't fit just right and there will be holes where missing pieces go. In this we see that if we as Christians don't have those holes and cracks then people will never be able to see Jesus on the inside. We have to have those cracks and holes so Jesus can shine through us.
Overall, it was a WONDERFUL weekend. We had lots of praising, lots of eating, and lots of fun. I can't wait till next year.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend. It was in Van, Texas at Sky Ranch. This was a very cool place with lots to do. I would have loved church camp here when I was a kid.

Our Room...

Me and My neighbor/best friend Kristie. She's my God send.

Another picture of God's beautiful creation.

A view of the lake.

Yes, I know this is a scary picture. Kristie and I before we did the zip line. It was SO MUCH fun.
I'm going to leave each of you with a challenge. Allow yourselves to be broken before God. Let others see Jesus shine from you. Have a great week!!

2 comments:

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

great pics! beautiful view to wake up to for sure!

when you have a chance, see fireproof -you will love it! the movie was awesome, i saw it last night!

Cindy said...

Wow! It is beautiful! I actually went to church camp at Lake Texoma when I was a kid (junior high and high school) and the cabins looked just like the inside of the one you showed!! How awesome!! I did not know that places did retreats for women like that!! Something I would love to do!! Glad you had such a great time!!