Sunday, September 14, 2008

We shed a lot and gained A LOT....

We headed to Oklahoma to be with family Wednesday afternoon as soon as we picked Madeline up from school. This is what we were faced with 90% of the way.....




Thankfully, we made it there safely and the girls did great in the car. We arrived just in time to be greeted by family and have a delicious meal. We got to spend time as a family (immediate and extended) just talking and reminiscing about granddad.

Thursday morning was spent with even more family and even MORE EATING. We did A LOT of this (eating). Hence, the we GAINED A LOT. Many of the Mueller's friends made wonderful food and desserts for us to eat on ALL WEEKEND. I have never seen so much food in one place. We then headed for the funeral but not before taking a few family pictures since we were all dressed up (except my girls because they got to go play with Nana while we went to the funeral).

Aren't we a beautiful family....


David (Brad's dad), Diane (Brad's mom), Austen (my nephew, belongs to Brad's brother and wife), Brad (brother in law, married to Brad's sister), Michelle (Brad's sister), Madeline, Brad (my hubs), me, Macy, Katie (sister in law, married to Brad's brother), Jon Eric (Brad's brother).

My family.....




The funeral service was very uplifting. When you have a man who did so much for his community, church, and family it's easy to find so many incredible things to share about him. I found out things I didn't even know and was even prouder to have been able to call him granddad. Please continue to keep Brad's mom and aunt, and especially his grandmother in your prayers. It was a very confusing time for Mema as there were times when she didn't understand what was happening and others when she knew and would be heartbroken. I praise God however, for giving each of us the strength and peace through such a difficult time.

Friday, we spent more time as a family hanging out, playing games, laughing A LOT, and just enjoying being with each other and again eating LOTS of food. So as the title says We shed a lot of TEARS and gained a lot of WEIGHT. HA! I was able to spend a couple of hours shopping with my sister in laws while I was there and enjoyed the time we shared together. I never had a sister so they both do a good job filling in that void. Thanks girls...

Saturday, my mother in law, sister in law (mich), and my girls went shopping all afternoon while Brad and his dad went to the Oklahoma State football game. We had a good time. The girls had their OSU spirit and proudly cheered on the Cowboys to a 57 - 13 win over Missouri State. GO POKES!! Look how cute the girls are......


Macy with her "pistols" firing. Just like the real cheerleaders.


Daddy and Madeline doing their "stunt"



Daddy and his girls.

We got up early this morning and headed back to Texas so I would have time to unpack and relax before going to work with the children tonight at church. Thank you to all of you who sent emails, cards, phone calls, etc. during these past few days. We love you all and appreciate you more than you know.

0 comments: