Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Let me introduce you to......

"TUBES". Everyone meet Tubes. Tubes meet everyone else. Tubes is the beloved friend to Macy. Macy got "tubes" in January. Macy had to have surgery to have "tubes" put in her ears. Hence, the name for her beloved teddy bear. He goes EVERYWHERE with us. Just like the credit card company says, "Don't leave home without it." Well, WE DON'T. Macy sleeps, eats, bathes, and travels with "Tubes" right by her side. Just so you know exactly who we are talking about here is "tubes" Pretty cute little guy huh? His little shirt says, Texas Pediatric Surgery Center. So for the past 7 months we have not gone a day without "tubes" until Monday. Why I hear you asking? I'll tell you. As you know, we traveled to Oklahoma this past weekend and OF COURSE "tubes" went too. WELL, as we are driving home, Macy asks for YOU KNOW WHO. It was like Brad and I both knew we were in trouble. We both looked at each other as if saying to one another, "Did you get tubes?" "I don't remember seeing him." UH Oh!! We had to explain to our 2 year old daughter that we had left her most PRIZED possession (besides her pink blankie) in Oklahoma at Nana and Papa's. She quickly told us to "Go back and get tubes, NOW!" We can't but we will call and ask Papa to send him on an airplane to us (aka UPS). Against her wishes she agreed. Poor baby would check outside every day, ALL DAY for tubes to show up on the porch. We even had to call Papa yesterday to make sure he mailed it. So you know the kind of excitement Macy had when she saw this pull up in front of the house.............. \ She knew right away who he was and what he was bringing. She started jumping up and down screaming, "Tubes, tubes!" I'm sure if the UPS man's name was tubes (100% chance it wasn't) I bet he felt happy to have his name screamed at him in such excitement. Macy is waiting for the man to bring it off the truck. He handed me the box and we came into the house. She was so excited and wanted him NOW! I had to of course get an interview for my blog first. (poor baby has waited 3 days for her best friend and I am making her talk about it first)
Isn't she so cute? Now open that box, mom! You should have seen her face when I opened the box and held it for her to look inside and pull tubes out. I couldn't use the camera and hold the box at the same time so here is what she did as soon as she pulled tubes out.
Doesn't that make your heart melt. She hasn't put him down since he got here. I'm amazed that we (as adults) spend all this money on expensive toys, dolls, and animals and they always chose the FREE one to be inseperable from. Gotta love it!!
But I'm happy to report that "tubes" is home and the world in Macy's eyes is right again. Thank GOD!! Thanks mom for tearing your house apart looking for him and thanks dad for sending him on the airplane to us.

2 comments:

Our family said...

ooo I can SOOOOOOOOOO relate. Caitlin also has a bear...named BearBear. She got it for her 1st birthday. She doesn't dress up her dolls, but she wants to buy new outfits for bearbear. HAHA We left OKC a few weeks ago and when we hit Purcell she says, "MOM wheres bearbear?" I look at Dan who said he got everything and he said I don't remember seeing it. I bet it is in her bag..so we look and NO bear. SO we call my brothers house and ask them to look under the couch...well a few minutes later I get a confession from the backseat and that it 'might' be in the hall linen closet. HAHA! Yep. She cried until she fell asleep and then cried and called bearbear a couple of times. So she got him a week later when my bro came back down for a practice. She was soooooooo happy!!

So glad that Tubes is home and back with her best friend. :-) I can just imagine the unbalance in your home while Tubes was gone.

amy (metz) walker said...

Ah, ok, how cute is that! Glad Tubes is home!