Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lord? Why me?

This blog is going to be a little random I am afraid so bare with me...ok...thanks!!
I should have known today was going to be "ONE OF THOSE DAYS" when my neighbors son calls me at 7:20 this morning to tell me that Riley, my almost 9 year old beagle is running down the alley. Just so you can see who I'm talking about, here he is....


(Not the best picture, but you have a clue now)

Anyways, the more they yell for him the faster he runs. WHY ME? This dog decides after 6 months of spending EVERY DAY, ALL DAY outside in the backyard that he is going to dig and run away. He does this once every 6 months or so. The problem is that Riley doesn't dig the hole big enough to fit his FAT FRIEND, Buford (seen here)



and so Buford sits and barks at the hole as if he is saying, "Hey Buddy, I can't get through." "You never make it big enough for me." "You're going to be lonely out there all by yourself." "Come back, help!" However, this morning it doesn't bark like normal. Maybe he was glad to see him go, I don't know. So I climb out of bed and go outside to find Riley in the front yard covered in dirt. UGH!! I get him back in the back yard, fill in the hole, and try to clean him off some.

Next, the girls are up and ready to start the day. I'm already exhausted and ready to go back to bed. I get them breakfast, start a load of laundry, and pick up around the house. It's time for showers/baths and to get ready for school. Madeline is dressed and ready, Macy is dressed, ready, and bouncing all over the place (should have been a clue then). We take Madeline to school. She does awesome once again. I then go Aqua Kids to look into swim lessons for Macy. She is such a fish and I'd love for her to really learn what she is doing while in the water. I sign her up, pay the fees, and take a screaming 2 year old that "Want to put on simming suit now and get in da water like those girls." out the door. All the while she is yelling, "I go poo-poo, change me." UGH!!(again) We get to the car, I get a new diaper ready, lay down the third row and start changing Macy and explaining to her that we will come back in 4 days and start swimming.

She agrees, she's clean, and now we head toward the tag agency to renew my tags. All the way there, I pray that there is not a long line. I don't know how much longer Macy is going to last. We get to the place, I put her in her stroller and happily we go into the place. Macy is being an angel. Thank you Lord for answered prayers. She did so well that I think to myself, "sure I can go into Gap kids and look for a few things for Madeline, Macy did so good in here." WRONG!!! I should have known better. I knew it was too good to be true. Are any of you mothers out there feeling my pain yet? Tell me you have experienced it yourselves? So I find a few things I was looking for and by this time Macy is yelling (once again), "I go poo-poo, change me, change me." I would darling, but your wonderful mother left the diaper bag IN THE CAR. UGH!!!(again) I go to check out and decide I will come back another time WITHOUT KIDS **Remember, Macy is still yelling that she has pooped. I apologize to the kind ladies in the Gap and make my exit...QUICKLY!! Make it to the car and reach in the diaper bag for another diaper and SURPRISE I have NO MORE DIAPERS!!! UGH!!!(again) I think, what now? Oh yes, I think there are some extra diapers in the console....go look....TA DA!! There is ONE and it's a size WHAT? THREE!! Macy wears almost a FIVE. Ok, we can make it work. Thank God she is still a petite little thing. It worked and we are on the road to HOME!! She cries half the way home. N-A-P , here we come. We made it home and I put her straight in her bed for a nap. We have to leave in just a bit to go pick up Madeline and then today is gymnastics. Please say a prayer that my day will go much better. Personally, I am really tired. Thanks for listening to me vent. If any of you mothers have experienced anything close to my day, let me know...

Good bye!

4 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Whoa, that's a rough one! I'm not a mom yet, but I can only imagine how tough thinks like getting your tags renewed, etc...would become a tough chores with a little one(s)...

About the dog thing, I can honestly say that my dog will "flip me the bird" every couple of weeks and there is nothing more frustrating! He'll get that look in his eye when I call him and you can see him look at me, look the other direction, and make a choice. It's those moments I have to pray for patience or I'd kill him!

Our family said...

ooo yea the fun times of kids....it never fells that they wait to have their fit in a quiet spot with lots of people....so they are sure they are heard. I am sur eyou were ready to hide...or duct tape her. hahaha Keep your chin up and know there is always tomorrow...or a nap does wonders! :-)

Jaime said...

Bless your heart. I remember the days of Garrett anouncing to the pulic that "I go poo poo!" all to well. And very soon will be experiencing them again. Good luck with Macy's swimming lessons I sure do hope that she gets to get in "da" water soon!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Hi, I saw you from Chapters! Though a tough tough day, hilarious! You are too funny! On one hand, she's a smart girl to tell you what's going on, right?? We have so been there with an emergency diaper needing to be changed in the car and out of wipes! I was just glad Hubby was there! ha, I think we found some or somehow got through with minor poop on us!