Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Progress Report and Potty training...

Madeline got her first progress report yesterday and got an EXCELLENT report. She is excelling in everything. The teacher wrote that "Madeline is a sweetie and is doing very well at making new friends." That's my girl. Every day when I take her to school she is hollering out the door for one of her "new friends" that is walking in. I'm so proud of her. Gramme practiced with her while we were in Oklahoma counting to 100 by 5's. She is an old pro at it now. Her teacher was even impressed with her. She takes after her daddy with the numbers because God knows I am HORRIBLE with numbers. The only thing the teacher stated that Madeline needed to work on more was her handwriting. When we taught her to write and her preschool too for that matter we taught her block style writing. Her school teaches the D'Nelian style of writing. While most of the letters are the same, some are different so we are learning. Overall, I am VERY PLEASED with her first progress report. Yeah for Madeline.
Now for the potty training. I have been putting this off for some time. Why? I don't know. Probably the same reason it took me forever to take the binky away. I don't want Macy to grow up. I want her to be my baby forever. So I'm finally getting serious about the potty training. She has done very good this afternoon. She told me she needed to go potty so we ran into the bathroom, jumped on the potty and she "tee-teed" right away. Of course, I made a HUGE deal of it and told her that she could go in the pantie bucket and pick out some big girl panties. She picked some Kermit the Frog AND Hello Kitty. Yes, that's right, she has on TWO pairs of panties. For all you moms that have gone through this, whatever works right? About 10 minutes later she tells me she has to go again. We run back into the bathroom and this time she "tee-tees" AND does a big "Poo-Poo". I am so proud of her. I'm hoping this is the start of something and that she continues it. Please pray for patience for me and that it continues to go so easily. Madeline was potty trained by the time she was two. She did everything early and easy. Macy, not so much....
She wanted me to take some pictures of her on the potty...Are these ok to post?





She is so proud of herself. I'll keep you posted on how we are doing.
I am loving this fall like weather that we have been having. I have had the windows open with no air conditioner since Sunday. I love this time of year. I'm ready for chili, stew, and potato soup. YUM YUM!! What's your favorite thing about this time of year?

6 comments:

Our family said...

I am with you on the chili and stew and LOVING this weather!! YEA!!


And Congrats to Macy on being such a big girl. Tell her we are proud of her and to keep it up! :-)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Yay for both your cuttie girls! Macy's haircut is so cute :) We are definitely waiting for fall! Bye bye 100 degrees, we so welcome cooler crisper air!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh and your header looks great! What did you end up doing? :)

amy (metz) walker said...

Yay, big girl!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

how cute!!

Jaime said...

Yay for Macy and the potty training. The pictures are so cute of her on the potty. And good for Madeline I am proud of her for doing so well in school. She is such of a good girl. We are loving the fall weather as well. I too can't wait for Chili. Your brother makes the best chili that I have ever tasted, ever..yum. There is nothing better than OU football and a bowl of chili this time of year.