Tuesday, January 20, 2009

There is an end in sight...

We're home. We had a great time, as usual in Oklahoma. We got there Thursday evening and found dad in the bed. He was in quite a bit of pain but his face lit up when he saw his girls. Dad is doing surprisingly well. He got to take off his surgery dressings while we were there. We were excited to see the 3 stitches that he got from the surgery. WRONG!!! He took it off and there was about a 10 inch opening with about 15 staples holding it shut. I think they meant it took 3 INSIDE stitches. HA!! It was pretty cool looking. The girls said he looked like Frankenstein. HA! He'll be able to make a real good story for that scare. I couldn't believe that in my dad's 60 years of life, this was his first broken bone. He goes back to the doctor on the 29th to get the staples out. He actually went to work yesterday.
While we were in Oklahoma we spent one afternoon with my older brother, his girlfriend, and her son. The girls LOVE Garrett and always enjoy getting to play with him. Jaime was pretty miserable. We were all hoping that she would have my niece while I was there but it just didn't happen. HOWEVER, they got the good news (hence the title of this post) yesterday from her doctor that she will be induced on Thursday. YIPPEE!! So that means, as of this Thursday I will have a new niece, Lyric London Caldwell. We are all SO EXCITED to meet her. Please be in pray that everything goes smoothly and quickly. Pray for good health for both Jaime and Lyric.
I guess I'll be making another trip to Oklahoma soon to see my new niece. Luckily it's not too far of a drive.
While in Oklahoma I came down with a yucky cold, as did Macy. She woke up from her nap on Sat. afternoon with a yucky croupy cough. By yesterday, she began running a fever and sounding even worse. I called the doctor and they were able to get us in with the evening doctor at 5:45 last night. Much to my surprise, Macy has a pretty bad ear infection. I had no idea. She never complained about her ear hurting. The doctor said she didn't see her tubes anymore so they have fallen out. I hope this isn't the start of what we went through in 07. It will be a year this week that she got the tubes put in. Please pray that this is a one time occurrence and not something that is going to continue to happen. She hasn't been sleeping well at night. She tosses and turns most the night. Poor baby girl!
My sister in law and brother in law got to see their baby for the first time yesterday. There was only one baby...HA! She is 8 weeks along. I can't wait to have another little niece or nephew running around. My mother in law and I were talking at Christmas that this time next year we'd have a 6, 3, 2, and 3.5 month old. Crazy, but so much fun.
I need to get to the laundry and house cleaning since I have been gone for so long. Please continue to lift up Baby Harper and Baby Brayden. They are in for a long road to recovery but are already showing slight improvements. Our God can heal.

Sorry no pictures..I forgot my camera this weekend.

0 comments: