Friday, January 9, 2009

It's been a week...

Yesterday, marked one week that Hubs and I have been on the South Beach diet. First I want to say, I am SO PROUD of both of us. It's not the easiest of diets to be on. However, I have lost 7 pounds in a week and Hubs has lost 9 pounds. YAY for us!! We have ONE MORE WEEK on phase one and then it will get a little bit easier. In phase two you can start adding fruits, 1 piece of bread a day, several other veggies, cereals, and a few other things. I must say after this next week I don't think I will touch another egg for a LONG TIME. Pretty much all you can have for breakfast in the first phase is eggs, bacon, Canadian bacon, and sausage. I know you are thinking, "that all sounds great." NOT when you are having to eat it for FOURTEEN days straight. It gets REAL OLD. I'll be happy when I can have a grapefruit or a banana. HA!
Keep the prayers up for us. This is really important to us to get healthier.

In other news, Jaime still hasn't gone into complete labor. She is not feeling very good so hopefully soon (before next weekend) she will have my niece, Lyric. Those of you that have ever been pregnant know how miserable feeling you are in those last days and how ready you are to meet that precious new baby. If she comes before next weekend, like we are hoping, the girls and I will be traveling to Oklahoma to see them.

Last night as we are watching the OU vs. Florida championship game (sorry SOONER FANS) Madeline came to me saying her earrings hurt (left ear). She says it feels like the earring is all the way in her ear. I'm thinking she's just wanting to change out her earrings. I tell her to go get all the "stuff"(peroxide, neosporin, cotton balls) to clean her ears and go pick out some new earrings. She gathers all the stuff and we get on the couch and I began to try to take the backs off the earrings on her left ear when "OH MY GOODNESS" !!! I try not to freak out because I know it will scare her. But I can't believe what I am seeing. First these earrings have two backs on them. The normal silver back and a rubber clear one to keep the silver one from falling off. I get the rubber one off when I CAN"T FIND THE SILVER ONE... After a little investigation I notice that the back is IN her ear. Somehow the back was working it's way into her lobe. I'm able to work it out a little and mean LITTLE. So I go to the other ear and see what the status is there. It's in a little bit not near as bad as the left ear. I get that one out with just a little work. We clean that ear good and move back to the left ear. I try and try to work it back out but of course, Madeline, is freaking out. I decide I need backup. I call my trusty neighbor, Kristie, who also happens to be a nurse. She came right over and assessed the situation. She says, "I've never seen anything like this." We look at it and begin to prepare for "surgery". I'm the "assistant" I hold the flashlight, the q-tips to clean with, and hand her tweezers. Madeline does SO MUCH better with Kristie working on her ear than me. She didn't make one peep with her. I knew that would be the case. After about 10 minutes or so working we finally get the back out of her ear. I will spare you all the icky details but lets just day it wasn't easy getting it out. We cleaned her ears real good and left the earrings out. We've decided that we will be leaving the earrings off for a few days letting the ears heal. I can also say that Madeline will NO LONGER sleep in her earrings.

That's the excitement around our house. We've hoping to go to the movies tomorrow night to see Marley and Me. Our babysitter, my neighbors 16 year old daughter, is on the varsity soccer team this year so she has tournaments all weekend. We've hoping she will be through with her games in time for us to go to the movies. I've heard the movie is so good. I read the books right after it came out and LOVED it. I can't wait to see the movie.

Also, I have a "blog friend" Amy, whom I've never met but would LOVE to, who has been struggling with infertility. Her mom is doing something very special for Amy and her husband, DW, *Dusty*. Instead of explaining it all to you, you can read about what she is doing HERE.
If you would like to help I know they would be so appreciative. They are such incredible Christian people, who love OUR LORD!! I will be helping so can you. Thank you!!

I leave you with my two DIVAS!!!!!
They are Hannah Montana here. Can't you tell? Thanks Nana for the wig. It gets used A LOT!!


FYI.....

If you read my blog I'd love to know about it, click to follow me on the right side of my page. I'd love to read your blog too if I don't already. Thanks for coming by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! And congrats on the diet, I know that is not easy to do as I have totally blown mine and gained back all the weight I lost over the summer...

Brandi said...

I just stumbled upon your blog & I just wanted to say Congrats on the diet! 7 lbs is a lot to lose in just a week!! :)

Our family said...

hahaha Love the Hannah Montana picture...And congrats on the diet..WOW you are guys are hard core. Keep it up!
The earring thing sounded scarey. Caitlin started having problems with the back of her earrings from us leaving them in for long periods of time..so i went to small hoops and we have never had a problem since. Her ears would flake and look nasty from the other ones..so hoops that are like one solid circle..no backs on it!