Monday, January 5, 2009

Prayer Request to start the week...

I wanted to ask each of you to be in prayer for a couple of things as we start this week (FREEZING I MIGHT ADD).

1. My dad. He has been struggling with SEVERE high blood pressure for several weeks now. Even on medication for it it still remains VERY high. He has had several tests ran already and all have came back normal. Today he is having an echo cardiogram done. I pray that it will show something that could be causing this high blood pressure. I pray that if it does show something it is something that can be fixed easily.

2. My best friend/neighbor, Kristie D. has been battling with an irregular heart rhythm for a few weeks. She ended up going to the ER this past Friday. They did a few tests there and set her up to meet with a Cardiologist this morning to have a stress test and Echo cardiogram done as well. I pray that they too find something that is causing her to have this uncomfortable and scary episodes.

3. My brother and his girlfriend, Jaime, have an ultrasound today to look at my niece and figure out how big she is and try to figure out a plan on to when she will be born. We are all so excited to meet her.

We had a pretty lazy and relaxing weekend around our house. We had beautiful weather (80's) and today we are back below FREEZING!! It's no wonder we all get sick. UGH!! I'll keep you all updated on the above mentioned prayer requests.

On the diet front we are still doing good. Hubs has lost a total of 5.2 pounds. I have lost 3 pounds. I am so proud of Hubs too, dieting is not fun and no one likes to do it. However, he is sticking with it. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

lots_of_love_four_kids said...

Hi there-

will be praying for these requests... please let us know how everything goes!
take care!
-Jenni

Our family said...

keeping all in my prayers..please keep us posted.
the weather is a mess..I have been freezing all day..
Awesome job on the diet front....I tried that one and it is too hard to do when you have a hubby that won't do it and kids too. I have no clue how you are doing it with the girls. Atleast you have a hubby doing it with you. A team is much better!!

Jeffrey A Kobiske said...

Will add you to my prayers. Stay upbeat and know that God still loves us all and when we sit back and look around what Gods given us is great.

Your friend in Christ
Jeff Kobiske
http://jeffscancer.blogspot.com
http://www.kobiske.com