Saturday, January 3, 2009

South Beach....

No, I'm not talking about some BEAUTIFUL, EXOTIC beach location. I'm talking about the dreaded........DIET. Our neighbors started on the diet back in August and lost incredible amounts of weight. We've been wanting to do it but haven't braved PHASE ONE of the diet. For those of you who don't know what the diet is. Here is the South Beach diet phase one.

We started it on New Years Day. Phase One was in full force. What you need to understand is that Hub's is a VERY PICKY eater. There are VERY FEW veggies that he likes. Most of the ones he likes, you can't eat in Phase One. I'm very proud of him for doing this diet. We both need to live healthier lives. Pray that we can keep it up. We have to be on Phase One (the hardest phase) for 2 weeks. Say a prayer for us please.

So far I have lost 2 pounds. Good start. It makes it worth all the suffering (ha) when you see the numbers dropping on the scales.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I need to do this too. I now weigh 170 pounds and had to buy all new jeans, and I skipped 3 sizes!! I hear when your happy you gain weight! HAHA!

Warner said...

I did this diet a few years ago. It worked, but don't believe anyone when they say at the end of Phase 1 you won't even want any sweets. I craved them and then splurged after phase 1 was over. Good luck!

Jaime said...

Wishing you & Brad lots of luck on the Southbeach diet! Years ago I did the Atkins diet and lost about 30 pounds. It really works if you follow the guidlines. I will be joining your diet very soon!!!