Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day two and Chicken What?

Yesterday was day two of Kindergarten for Madeline. On the way to school I told her that today was the day that I would just pull up in the drop off line and let her out to walk in by herself. As we arrive at the school I see the line of cars in the drop off line and parents WALKING their children into the building...not supposed to be doing that. So I pull up and notice that the line isn't moving. That could be due to the fact the RULE BREAKING parents who were walking their kids in were PARKED in the DRIVE THRU lane...UGH!!
So now Madeline is questioning me, "Why can't you walk me in?" I explained that we were told at "Meet the teacher" that the second day the teachers wanted the kids to walk in without parents and I didn't want to break any rules (good answer huh?) just like I teach her not to break the rules. She stands up to climb out and with her hand on the door looks at me and says, "I don't think I can do this?" I tell her sure you can and we say a real quick prayer asking God to give her courage and make her brave. She jumps out and runs in. Don't you love the power of prayer even in a 5 year old?
I pick her up from school to get the report that she has had a WONDERFUL second day and can't wait to go back tomorrow. Her teacher even said to me today (as she brought Madeline to the car) "She is the most precious child. She is a perfect child." So far, I was thinking. It warms your heart to hear people talk about your children in such a way. Madeline wanted me to take pictures of her again yesterday, so here are her second day of school pictures.










Sweet Macy. She keeps telling me she wants to go to school and play with her friends. I want her to go to school and play with her friends too....HA!! Only 2 and a half more weeks.


Now for the chicken part. I got a call from my neighbor yesterday morning letting me know that Rachel (Madeline's best friend) has the CHICKEN POX.
Yes, that's right. Of course by now, my children have already been exposed. Thankfully they both have been immunized for the chicken pox. Rachel was too, but due to the fact that she is currently on a steroid for her nephrotic syndrome, the steroid lowers her immune system, thus causing her to catch infections more easily. The doctor said if she hadn't been on the steroid she probably would not have caught it. She has a pretty mild case, however, she is having to miss the entire first week of school. Please keep Rachel in your prayers because with the nephrotic syndrome and the weak immune system she is more likely to develop a bad infection at one of the pox sites. The kidney doctor told Kristie to keep neosporin on each site and watch her closely for infection. Thankfully she is a nurse and knows what to look for.

So that's the excitement for Day two. Let's see what Day three brings. I plan on coming home laying Macy down for a nap, starting some laundry, and start cleaning the house. We are heading to Oklahoma this weekend for a family reunion on my mom's side of the family.

Have a great day!!!

0 comments: