Thursday, August 21, 2008

What a VACATION!!

We're back from our Vegas vacation and let me tell you....Let's see where should I begin...
Oh here probably....


Saturday night about 5:30 pm Brad and I were in the office looking at the flights trying to decide which one looked the best for us to fly on. With him working for the airlines we can look at the flights and see how many seats are taken and how many are left so we can plan which flight looks the best for us to get on. We decide we will take the 7:10 am flight on Sunday morning....Walking out of the office together I happen to catch my pinkie toe (bare foot) on the sole of Brad's shoe and SNAP goes the toe. Yes, that's right, I BROKE my toe. After a few small tears roll down my cheeks because of the intense pain and a few choice word rolling around INSIDE my mouth (they never made their way out) I make my way into the living room to sit in the chair and assess the situation. The situation was that my toe was killing me, I could not walk on it, and it looked a little deformed. Great, how am I supposed to go to VEGAS of all places on a foot that I can't even walk on? I put it up and got ice on it, took some ibuprofen, and chilled for a bit. I still had to pack and get things ready to leave EARLY the next morning. I was finally able to put a little weight on the inside of my foot. I taped the toe to the next one and became a trooper.
We arrived in Vegas at 8:00 am Sunday morning, headed straight to the hotel and was fortunately able to check in and get our room right away. We went in and immediately took a nap. It felt so good since we had gotten up at 4:00 that morning. We then headed to the pool for a couple of hours...Here we are at the pool relaxing.


Brad by the pool with his book...


Me by the pool....


This guy was pretty funny...a little annoying. (Sorry if anyone recognizes him as a relative) He was very drunk and very talkative to EVERYONE at the pool. He kept offering Brad money to buy his hat. I told Brad offer him to buy it for $200.00 he doesn't know any better and would probably do it. That's not very nice of me was it. Of course, we didn't.

We stayed at The Signature at MGM Grand. It was so nice. For those of you that have been to Vegas they are the 3 towers that sit behind MGM Grand. They are a little off the strip but only a 5 minute walk (with people movers) to the MGM Grand. They are non-smoking which was super nice so at least you have somewhere you can go to get away from the smoke. It's quiet and the pools were NEVER crowded. It was very relaxing. All the rooms are suites with microwaves, a small cook top, fridge, toaster, blender, and dishes. It was very nice...Why do I rave about it so...well that brings me to "tragedy number 2". Thanks to my WONDERFUL brother in law, Jon Eric, I came down with a stomach bug that kept me hauled up in the room for the ENTIRE second day we were there. I spent the day in bed. Brad continued with his vacation which was great because I had the room all to myself. I even rented two movies off the TV. Who does that in Vegas? Here's a picture of me on my death bed...****WARNING**** This could be VERY SCARY to the eyes....But this is how bad I felt...



Pretty bad huh?


Here's are some pictures of the hotel...


The outside....


Inside the suite....



The pool area....

So my sickness lasted about 24 hours. I still felt a little weak and achy the next day but it was the last day we were to be there and I had to do something while I was in Vegas and besides we had tickets to see....


I loved it....Brad enjoyed it. I think it's more for girls unless you are a male that likes musicals. Don't get me wrong he said he was glad he went. So if you are going to be in Vegas (GIRLS) go see it. It's only at Mandalay Bay until January 2009.

That was the conclusion of our Vegas vacation. We flew back at 8:10 on Wed. It was so good to see the girls again. Macy just sat there and kept "petting" me saying, "You coming with us now". We had a great time, even though I was sick and had a gimp toe. Brad's mom did a FANTASTIC job with the girls. I walked in and the house was spotless, she had cleaned it and had all the laundry done..THAT WAS THE BEST PART. Thank you again, Diane.

1 comments:

Our family said...

oo Bummer about the toe and the sickness on your vacation, but atleast you managed some fun get away alone time. HAHA Get well soon