Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Eve to one of the biggest days of her life.....

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!! That's right, Madeline will start the beginning of her 13 PLUS (catch that?) years of schooling tomorrow afternoon at 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm. I still can't believe that this day has finally arrived. Her first day of Kindergarten. I always wondered how I would feel on this day. Would I be sad and cry, would I be happy and jumping (not literally) for joy, would I have mixed emotions? I can honestly say I CAN"T WAIT!! I'm excited to see her walk in there and be brave and show excitement that she is ready to learn. I can't wait for her to come home in the afternoons and tell me at least one thing that she learned that day. I can't wait to sit with her in bed at night and have her read to me. I can't wait to see the excitement on her face when she has learned something and can "teach" it to us.
We had "Meet the teacher" last week and Madeline was a little overwhelmed by the class and all that it had to offer. She is excited and very nervous at the same time. Her teacher is going to be wonderful. She is a Godly women and even attends the same church as us. When Mrs. Logsdon asked Madeline what she was looking forward to the most in Kindergarten she said, "Learning!" That's my girl! We are excited too because Madeline's friend Paige is in her class. That should make it a little easier for her. I will definetly be posting tomorrow with the first day pictures and details on how the day went. We are allowed to drop the kids off in the classroom tomorrow and then they are having a "Boo Hoo, Woo Hoo" gathering in the gym for all the moms to "Cry together" and get to know each other. Isn't that funny!

Until tomorrow....

4 comments:

muellerfamokc said...

Love the new layout! Minus the picture of my son pouting! I'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it!

muellerfamokc said...

Love the new layout! minus the pic of my pouting son! I'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about the big day.

Danielle said...

Is that one better? I'll call you and let you know how it goes.

Our family said...

I am trying to get ready...but I have had tons of moments tonight :-) We will have to do breakfast one morning this week..to compare our 1st days! Wed??? Good luck!!
and i love the new layout...I am using that site now and love it :-)