Monday, August 11, 2008

If this doesn't make you smile....

Did you all happen to see the Men's 4x100 freestyle Relay last night....OH MY!! It was a thriller. The French were heavily favored to win but the Americans had another idea. The French even made the comment that they "were going to SMASH the Americans." Well not so fast....In case you haven't seen it or would like to watch it again. Here it is... I still get chills EVERY TIME I see it. Excuse the quality. I had to record my TV to get the video. I couldn't find one with OUR commentators and that's the best part, listening to the excitement and thrill in their voices...Don't you just love the excitement and screaming. That was the best moment thus far in the Olympic games. It will go down in history for a long time. I was right there screaming with them and pumping my fist in the effort to make the guy swim faster...It worked..HA! This is the very end of the race because for some reason it won't load my video of the entire race. This is the part that matters anyways....




Pretty awesome huh? Here's a little of the interview with the team afterwards...



I love the way Michael Phelps is urging his teammate on with all his might.


Men's gymnastics finals is on tonight. Madeline is super excited. Each time we watch the gymnastics her and Macy both put on their gymnastics leotards and do gymnastics. Madeline wants to go to the Olympics one day...We could only wish huh?

Enjoy the rest of the Olympics....

4 comments:

Our family said...

ooo so true..a moment that is going down in history for sure! Dan and I were going nuts on the last 30-40m of the race. I just jumping and yelling at the TV to make him swim faster..it must of worked! HAHA! I even made a comment about it in my blog too ...great minds think a like!

Our family said...

ooo so true...a moment that is going down in history for sure. Dan and I were going nuts the last 40m! I was jumping around and yelling at the TV for him to swim faster. It must of worked :-D I even wrote about it in my blog! Great minds think a like

Our family said...

ok just delete this and my last comment..I couldn't figure otu why it wasn't showing up so I re-typed it. hahaha DORK!

Our family said...

ooo and Caitlin wants to do gymnastics in the olympics too...of course I hate to tell her she may be 1 foot too tall for that...her feet would be dragging on the uneven bars HAHA :-D maybe we should start a tall gymnastist team!