Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why am I so tired?

It could be due to the fact that I STAY UP TOO LATE WATCHING THE SILLY OLYMPICS!! I have not gone to bed before midnight all week and tonight will be another one of those nights. I could DVR them and watch them the next day but I don't want to risk the fact that I may read about who won/lost on the Internet or see it on the TV. Also, like I have time to sit in front of the TV for hours on end during the day to watch the Olympics. So I stay up. Tonight is the women's gymnastics all around finals. Who do you think will win? How about all the controversy do to with the Chinese women's team? Do you think they are underage? They sure look young but they did get passports saying they were 16 years old. Who knows!!
So I spent the ENTIRE day today mowing, cleaning, and doing all the laundry. My older brother is in town this weekend visiting friends, family, and his wonderful sister. He's planning on coming over tomorrow and spending the day with me and the girls. Then tomorrow night my brother in law, sister in law, and precious nephew (who is now walking...YEAH!!!) Austen are coming to spend the weekend with us. I think they are planning on taking in a Rangers game while they are here. Saturday afternoon my mother in law arrives. She will be staying with the girls while Brad and I go to Vegas. We are leaving on Sunday morning and coming back Wednesday afternoon. Madeline has "Meet the teacher" that evening. We will have a busy weekend but I'm looking forward to having some family here to visit. Heck, we've only lived in Texas for a little over 3 years and this is the FIRST TIME my older brother has been to my house.
I have a prayer request for my prayer warriors. If you look on the side of my page you will see two precious pictures of my girls. These were taken by Jake Jaggears (Erica Joyce Photography). He is awesome. We were introduced to them through some friends of ours (who happen to live across the street from Jake and Erica) from college. Anywho, Jake and Erica have been trying for some time to have a baby. They were told that the only way for them to have a chance at having a child would be through IVF. They did this and transferred two embryos. They waited and then discovered that they were FINALLY pregnant....with twins. Yesterday, Erica woke up not feeling well and called her doctor. They had her come in and have an ultrasound done to check on the babies. During this ultrasound they discovered that everything was just fine with the babies....however.....they did discover something. Two babies had turned into THREE. Yes, TRIPLETS. They have a set of identical twins and one fraternal twin. Exciting but VERY SCARY for them. This will put Erica in a high risk pregnancy. She will likely be on bed rest for more than half her pregnancy. They have a lot to sort through so please keep them and their THREE blessings in your prayers. (Jake has two sons from a previous marriage). You can read about their journey on their blog (Erica Joyce Photography on the side of my page). Also, if you ever need an INCREDIBLE photographer and you live in this area give them a shout, preferably before things get CRAZY!!

Have a great weekend. I'll update when we get back and I'm sure I'll have a picture or two or three... Keep my mother in law in your prayers too as she will have the girls all by herself...She'll be just fine I know.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Danielle, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. We will definitely need it over the next several months. It is very comforting to us to know that we have people like you in our lives. Also thanks for the advertising, we will need all the business we can get! We hope to see you and your family soon, take care and God Bless!

Erica