Thursday, August 21, 2008

Can it really be THIS DIFFICULT??????

So Madeline decides that she now can no longer use her backpack from last year and that she needs a new one. After gymnastics yesterday the family heads to JC Penny's because they had all their backpacks on sale last week. We get there and they only have a few choices left, none which Madeline liked.
We leave and take Brad and Macy home and decide that Madeline and I will go to Walmart to look. We had looked at Target the night before. The two of us head into Walmart, go straight to the backpack aisle and look at all the backpacks. They only had really big ones, the sling type, or some really cheap ones that wouldn't last two weeks. So we head on. We make a trek across town to Ross (no luck), Sports Authority (too expensive), Famous Footwear (somebody didn't like any of them), Payless (non), Marshall's (didn't like any), and FINALLY to KOHL's. Have you kept count yet? Yes, that is NINE stores we have been to. I never knew that finding THE PERFECT backpack would be so hard and that someone (MADELINE) would have such an opinion on her backpack. UGH!! We get here and this is where we should have started the trek because they had EVERYONE of the backpacks we had seen at all the other stores plus some other ones and they were all on sale.
However, I knew we were in trouble when I see this....




Yes, that is only ONE wall of backpacks...they had two of these.
How will she ever decide? I wanted to throw myself on the ground and throw a fit myself. My toe was beginning to throb, my back was hurting, and I wanted to be done with backpack shopping. So the quest begins and it goes something like this.

She starts rummaging through all the bags, collecting the ones she likes, kinda likes, or thinks she likes....are you still with me? Then she has to line them all up side by side and take a look at them. She studies them and studies them and still more studying. Finally, she decides she doesn't like ONE of the SIX she has. Oh, this is going to be a long process. Where are the beds in this place? This process continues for a bit longer and she gets it down to two "POTENTIAL" ones. She has to physically try them on, walk with them, see how easy they are to get into, etc. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If she is like this for everything her daddy will be taking her shopping. Don't get me wrong, I am a lady that LOVES to shop, but HOLY COW, this is RIDICULOUS!!

Here she is with the final two.....




This one? OR



This one?

Personally I liked this one.............





But she FINALLY chose (angels singing, HALLELUJAH!!!) this one........







Thankfully this wasn't one that we had seen at the previous EIGHT stores we had been to or I would have SCREAMED and probably gotten thrown out of KOHL'S. After who knows how long we were finally leaving....PRAISE THE GOOD LORD!!! (until next year...UGH!!!)Oh, Brad it's time to take Madeline to get a backpack...HAHAHAHAH!!!

I never knew that a five year old had such an opinion..who knew...Another one of those things they don't tell you before children are born...

1 comments:

Our family said...

hahahaha I can feel your pain. Caitlin wanted a hannah montana back pack but I made her chose another one hahahaha GOod luck with all of that!! :-)