Monday, July 21, 2008

One big HAPPY family again....

*Update*
Kristie called this evening at 5:30 to tell me still no baby. She hasn't progressed much. She is dialated to a 4 and is contracting good just can't get past the 4. You moms know how stressful and tiring this process is. She sounded EXAUSTED on the phone and she still has to go through the hardest part, labor and then caring for the little one. Please pray for her rest, strength, energy, and that her body will progress. I will update as soon as I hear that Baby Boy Nickell has arrived. Until then we wait.....

Madeline is BACK!!

It's back to the sibling rivalry, fighting, whining, and fighting to go to bed at night. Wow, I really missed that for a week...NOT!! However, Brad's parents said she was PERFECT the entire week. So why does she act out when she gets back home...UGH!! At least she knows how to act when she is away from us. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited she is home. We all really missed her. Seeing her get off the train and walk towards me I was overcome with emotion but I think I hid it well behind the sunglasses because I didn't want her to be upset.

The train pulling into the station.


Macy holding her "Welcome Home Sissy" sign. She was so excited to see Madeline.


The train was getting a little too close here. Can you tell she is a little scared?


Granddad, Gramme, and Madeline getting off the train.


Madeline with all her "baggage" Notice the BIG SILVER HOOP earrings?


Did you notice that the girls were wearing the same pattern of clothes? I found this strange as neither of us knew what the other was wearing. Strange intuition.

Now the story behind the earrings. Brad's sister is DYING to take Madeline to get her ears pierced. So Madeline practiced all week telling us that she got her ears pierced (hence the "clip on" earrings). She used Gramme's clip ons to wear. As soon as she gets off the train she tells me that she got her ears pierced. Of course, you and I both know they don't pierce with BIG HOOP earrings so I act all surprised and in disbelief (for Madeline's benefit). She quickly tells me, "They're not really pierced mom. Tricked you." Next up walks Brad, she tells him the same story. He leans into me and says, "Are they really?" No sweetheart they don't pierce ears (much less a 5yr. olds ears) with HUGE HOOP earrings. God Bless his manly ignorance. He was relieved. He's the one that won't let her get them pierced.
She quickly told him the truth and laughed.

Here are some pictures of Madeline while she was away....

Just got on the train. Notice she has her travel companions with her.


Madeline with the train conductor.


Madeline at the Kit Kittridge movie. (with her KIT doll) Isn't Madeline so cute?


She had a wonderful time and still talks about all she got to do and the fun she had. However, I did have some BAD NEWS for her when she got home. We woke up Sat. morning and as I was washing my hands at the kitchen sink I saw this........






Yes that is Dory II. No he is not asleep on the bottom of the tank, he's DEAD!! Poor thing. We had a quick burial (flush) before Madeline got home. I told her what happened when she got home and she said it was ok because she still had Riley and Buford...WHEW...that went better than I expected. The best part is she didn't even ask for another one. RIP Dory II.

Today is the day for Kristie and Mike to meet their little bundle of joy. I spoke to Kristie this morning at about 9:30. They got to the hospital at 5:30 to start her induction. However, the hospital had 4 deliveries this morning so they were running a little late getting her IV's started and the pitocin. Kristie said her blood pressure was very high this morning (mainly caused by stress and nerves). She said she didn't sleep much last night and then was up super early this morning. They finally started her pitocin around 7:30. She was feeling some mild contractions but nothing too bad yet.I told her to ask for that epidural before they got too strong. Why feel pain when you don't have to. Keep them in your prayers through out today. I will be waiting by my phone for that call. I will post pictures as soon as I get some. Love you Mike and Kristie and Baby Nickell. I can't wait till he's born so the poor child can have a name....HA!

Till next time

0 comments: