Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Baby Tyler, Answered Prayers, and a Haircut

Finally after 24 hours with no name baby Nickell has a name, Tyler Jeffrey Nickell. He is so perfect. Mike and Kristie are very proud of him, as they should be. I can't wait to meet him in person and get my hands on him next week when I go to Oklahoma.
Take a look, what do you think?






He's pretty darn cute huh? Congrats again to the entire Nickell/Gilson family.


I want to thank all you prayer warriors for praying for my sister in law, Michelle. She got the results back on her thyroid ultrasound. It did she some nodules but nothing serious. They are going to put her on some medicine and recheck her after a while of being on the medicine. This thyroid problem has a "name" and is very common for people who have celiac (allergy to wheat) which she does. So continue to keep her in your prayers.

I have been trying for weeks now to "trim" Macy's hair and each time I got the scissors out she ran. Today I finally got her to sit still by letting her play in my makeup. I started cutting away and she kept moving. Her hair got shorter and shorter but in the end I loved it. It makes her hair look thicker. As some of you know she has Trichotillomania (hair pulling) where she pulls her hair out is places. It is something that comes and go's so the shorter her hair the better it looks. You can tell in some places that it is more sparse than others. Tell me what you think of the new do.....

The back of her hair....



The front (with Madeline)



Madeline finally let me take her picture.


Madeline went to the dentist today for her 6 month cleaning. The dentist said she is doing great with brushing and had no cavities...YEAH MADELINE.

I am on a blogging role....

2 comments:

Our family said...

Tyler is completely adorable. OMG I wanna hold him :-) A precious angel for sure.
I am glad to hear about your sister in law too.
You did a great job on Macy's hair. She is so cute!! :-)

Cindy said...

I love baby Tyler! I want one so bad! And the thyroid thing runs in my family and only the women hav eit and they also have the wheat allergy, so far I don't though. And good job on Macy's hair...those girls are getting so big so fast!