Friday, July 18, 2008

Day with Doctors...

First I have to say, ONE MORE DAY!! What happens in one more day you ask? My sweet, beautiful Madeline comes home. Remember she has been in Oklahoma with Brad's parents for the week. I have enjoyed having just one child for a week but I have also missed Madeline terribly. I think Macy and Madeline miss each other more than anything. They have talked to each other every day. Madeline is so sweet when she talks to her. She makes her voice REAL high and talks "baby talk" to Macy. Every morning Macy wakes up and asks, "Where's sissy?" I have to say "Where is she, you tell me?" Then she says, "She at Gamme and Granddad house." Madeline has had a great time it sounds like and I'm sure Gramme and Granddad are worn out. I know they have gone swimming just about every day, gone to the library for story time, gotten hair cuts, gone to the bookstore, went to see the Kit Kittridge movie (American Girl Doll), played with cousin Austen, and much more. I'm sure we'll hear ALL ABOUT it when she gets home tomorrow.
My mom and dad got back from their San Diego vacation and said they had a wonderful time. She said my girls cost them an extra $50.00 on the way back. Why? Because they bought them so much STUFF that their suitcase weighed too much...HA!! Shouldn't spoil the grand kids so. The girls also got a present in the mail from Nana and Papa this week. Check these out............



Yes, those are pink M&M's with the girls names and PICTURES on them. SO COOL!! I have seen them done with the names on them but not the picture. Madeline is going to think these are so cool. Brad saw them and thought, Isn't it kinda strange to eat your children's faces...HA!! It's chocolate I'm sure we'll get pass the fact that we are eating are children. We have SEVEN bags of these things. If you happen to want some M&M's with our beautiful children on them, let me know...HA!!

Poor Macy has had a rough day. It started out rough. She woke up in a not so great mood. We then had to go to the dentist to have the chipped tooth (remember that one) rechecked. They had planned on filing it down but once we got there the dentist said it came back down a lot on it's own and she didn't want to do anything else to it. There is no damage to the tooth it will just look crooked. It was time for the girls to have their teeth cleaned again so we went ahead and did Macy's while we were there. If you remember from my Jan. post about the dentist Macy did great....Not so much this time. She fought the ENTIRE time they looked at her teeth and cleaned them. They also took an x-ray of the chipped tooth so she was done with them by the time it was all over. The dentist said she still needs to cut her 2 year molars which she hasn't even started yet. That is something to look forward to in the next few months. Yippee!! This afternoon she had to go back to the pediatrician to have her ears rechecked from last week. Last Friday before we left for Oklahoma I took her to the doctor because she kept telling me her ear hurt. The morning of her appointment she woke up with "yuck" draining out of her right ear. The doctor looked and looked and looked and tried to clean out some of the "yuck' but Macy was screaming, obviously in A LOT of pain. Her ear was so swollen and draining that the doctor couldn't see much and didn't want to put her through any more pain so she gave us drops to put in for a week and NO SWIMMING for a week and come back in a week for the recheck. So we went this afternoon. After literally the doctor and I both laying on top of her to hold her down (she's VERY strong) she was able to look in both ears, clean out all the dried "yuck" that was deep inside and spot both tubes still in place she got a clean bill of health and a release to start swimming again, tomorrow. Macy will be so excited. Whew...am I glad that's over for awhile.

Here is my little ham bone. She is always going to get the camera for me to take her pictures and it seems she is always naked when she does this. I hope this isn't telling me something about her future...(God please choose a path for Macy to follow that glorifies you, Thank you Father.) She is too darn cute though...Just excuse her nakedness. She looks a little ornery, don't you think?






Lastly, I want to ask for prayers for my BESTEST FRIEND in the whole wide world, Kristie and her husband Mike. They are going to be having their precious baby boy on Monday. Kristie's blood pressure has been a little high so they decided to induce her a week early. Please pray for a safe delivery and that mommy and baby stay healthy. I can't wait to meet Baby Nickell. Also please keep Mike's family in your prayers. His grandmother passed away this past Sunday and the funeral will be tomorrow. His family is having to say good bye to someone they love and then will be blessed with a precious gift from God. Thank you for your prayers. I will expect a call first thing after he's born on Monday, you got it MIKE?! Love you both and GOOD LUCK!!

Have a great weekend to you all...

1 comments:

Our family said...

hope Miss Macy gets to feeling better..I use to wrap my legs around Caitlin and hold her head and upper body with my arms...I was worn out after getting ears checked. Now she is much better :-)
I LOVE the m&m's....very cool!!! I should do something like that for grandparents for christmas. I bet the girls will love them. :-)
Hope you survived the one child empty nest this week. I am not sure I could do it, but then again hahahahaa :-)