Sunday, July 13, 2008

No use crying over spilled milk....

Literally....

I was getting ready to load the car for a trip to Oklahoma this past weekend when this happened.....





I was making the girls some milk to take with us and Macy thought the lid was on it and went to grab it off the counter when...SPLASH.....the entire cup of milk landed on her and the kitchen floor. She did not like the feeling of wet, cold milk on her. I stripped her clothes off and began cleaning up the river of milk that was forming on the floor. The entire time I'm doing so she is saying, "I so so sorry momma" over and over. It was so sweet. After I got the floor cleaned I moved to Macy. I threw her in the tub and all was well again with the world. We left a short time later for Oklahoma.

Why did we go to Oklahoma you ask?

For this:



My adorably handsome nephew, Austen.

He turned one today but we celebrated with a party yesterday. I still can't believe it's been a year already. It seems like it was just yesterday that he looked like....





and now here he is a big boy enjoying his First Birthday cake.




I love being an aunt. I just wish I got to see him more so I could spoil him more and it wouldn't take him so long to warm up to us. We miss him after we leave. We love you sweet Austen. Happy First Birthday!!

Now that we are back, Brad and I are a one child family for the week. Yes, we left the oldest one with Brad's parents for the week. They are bringing her to us by TRAIN on Saturday. She was super excited about that. Can't wait to hear how she liked it. What will I do all week with only ONE child? I plan on cleaning out the play room and getting rid of a bunch of JUNK. Shhh....don't tell Madeline. She'll never miss half of it. Give Macy some of the one on one time that she so wants most days. I will miss Madeline, I already do but I'm looking forward to having one kid for a week.

While we were in OKC we spent a short time with my parents. They left for vacation to San Diego this morning. We went to dinner and even got to go on a horse drawn carriage ride. It was a lot of fun. There is this small steakhouse in Blanchard or Newcastle called Brushcreek and on Friday and Saturday nights they have horse rides for free (my dad tipped him of course). I did learn something new while riding this HUGE horse. I don't know much about horses but this one was BIG. It wasn't a Clydesdale because it didn't have the furry feet but he was BIG. Did I happen to mention that this horse was BIG? I was worried about him being able to pull all of us plus the wagon so I asked the driver, "How much weight can this horse pull?" He said that this horse (Rascal, was his name) weighed TWO THOUSAND POUNDS and he can pull FOUR TIMES his weight....WHOA!! That is a powerful animal. Just thought I'd share that with you.


Oh...I almost forgot to show you what I found when I was moving a pile of bricks last week? Do you see what I see?



Yes, that is a black widow. UGH!!! So be careful when you are moving stuff that hasn't been moved in a while. I'm just glad I saw it before I put my hand down there.

Have a great week!!!

1 comments:

Natalie Witcher said...

That spider is NASTY! I'm so glad she didn't get cha!