Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's the little things....

I've been a lazy blogger this week...Mainly because there hasn't been much going on, at least news worthy, until tonight.
My neighbor and I decided we needed to get out and do a little shopping. I had a few gifts in mind that I knew I wanted to get. So we leave the girls with her oldest daughter while we head out shopping. It's SO NICE to go shopping with NO KIDS!! I know all you moms agree.
We load up, drive in a nice quiet car with just the radio on my favorite Christian station, and talk about what all we need to get once we arrive. As we arrive, we climb out of the car and proceed to walk into the store when I look down and notice something blue clinging to my jeans. As I investigate what it could be, I notice that is non other than a BLUE CINDERELLA FRUIT SNACK. You know you are a mother of little ones when you are walking around with a fruit snack stuck on your pants. I smiled and thought, Macy must have wanted me to know she was missing me....HA! We laughed and I thanked God for my girls. We shopped for TWO HOURS, unintentionally, but I did get a lot of shopping out of the way. That's always a good thing. On another note, I am almost COMPLETELY finished with my Christmas shopping. I'm hoping to get it ALL done this weekend. How about you? Are you finished? Even started?
I love this time of year. The crisp, cool air. The leaves falling on the ground, the sound of Christmas music playing in the stores, the holidays spent with family, and most of all the THREAT OF SANTA CLAUSE! What do I mean by that? I may be making myself look like a HORRIBLE parent by saying what I am about to admit to. BUT!!! I threaten my kids with Santa Clause. I remind them (mainly Madeline, Macy doesn't quite understand yet) Santa is watching to see if they are being good or bad and if they deserve toys or coal this year. Go ahead, tell me I am the worst parent EVER. I know!! Here's what happened when I used it tonight on Madeline....
Let me set the mood for you. We were finishing dinner when she began whining (haven't a clue about what but she was whining).

Me: Madeline, stop whining please.
Madeline: I'm not whining (in a whining voice)
Me: You are. Remember that it's starting to be that time of year when Santa Clause is watching all the boys and girls to see if they are being naughty or nice.
Madeline: I know.
Me: Well then you'd better be nice and not be whiny or he's not going to bring you any toys.
Madeline: (in a smart alec tone) I don't care if I get coal.
Me: You don't, well ok then.
Madeline: Christmas isn't about toys anyways, it's about JESUS.
Me:(shocked and so proud) You're absolutely right Madeline, it is about Jesus and he is the reason we have Christmas. (I give her a big hug and tell her I love her for the person she is)

Like the title says, It's the little things. I am so thankful for the children that God has placed in my life. I read many blogs daily. Many of my favorites are people who are struggling with infertility, or have recently lost a child, or just found out they are pregnant after months and even years of trying. I am touched by each story I read. My heart breaks for them but I know that God has plans for each one of them and we have to remember that it's all HIS timing and HIS will. I want each of you to know that I pray for you all daily. Each night I sit in bed with my prayer list in front of me and ask GOD to bless each and every one of you in a way that is HIS WAY. I pray that in whatever way HE chooses that each of you will experience this amazing thing called Motherhood. I can't say I completely understand how you feel or what you are going through. But I can tell you, I know what it's like to lose a child and I do know what it's like to wonder if there will ever be another. You can read about my story here. I can understand the pain you feel and the struggles you have, maybe not to the same extent but I feel that pain daily for the one I lost. Each day I look at my two beautiful girls and thank God that he chose me to be their "earthly" mother but I also know they are HIS. Be patient, have faith, and continue to trust in him to direct your path. HIS WAY IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN OURS!!!!


I love these two girls...

Dear God,

Thank you for the gifts in my life. You have blessed me beyond words and I only hope I can be the kind of mother you would have me to be. I treasure these girls like no other. Thank you Lord....

Please keep Jake and Erica in your prayers. They are having a memorial for their three precious babies on Friday and then will be bringing them home. I spoke with Erica today and she sounded so good. She is such a strong woman but like we talked about today it's all because she leans on someone higher, GOD!! They are taking a much needed vacation together and then Erica will be going back to work towards the end of Dec. Please pray for her emotionally and mentally that she will be ok. She had prepared not to have to go back to work because she would have the triplets to care for and now that she is going back to work it's a reminder that they are no longer here. Lift them up. Thank you for your prayers...Enjoy your vacation Jake and Erica.

Danielle

3 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Ha, I'm so laughing at Miss Sass-a-frass..."I don't care if I get coals!!!" Too funny! But the Jesus part...be still my heart! So sweet!

Jaime said...

You are such of a wonderful mother. You are as lucky to have your sweet daughters as they are to have a Mommy who is as loving and caring as you.

CharlieandAmber said...

Hey Dani Boy. Gosh I bet its been a long time since someone has called you that. HEHE! Seriously I love your blog. I'm tagging you. Check out my blog for the rules.