Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I give to you.....

November Student of the Month

Madeline Paige Mueller

That's right, Madeline was chosen by her teacher as the Student of the Month. We are very proud of her for such a great accomplishment this early in the school year. Way to go, sweetheart. She was honored at the PTA meeting last night. Now we know how they get all the parents at these meetings, give their children an award. HA! However, last night was a good meeting. They had an inspirational speaker by the name of Dennis Mitchell that spoke on the topic of "Strategies for Parent Sanity in the Home". He was a very good speaker. He made it humorous, related to us all, and gave us wonderful tips/ideas to use at home with our children. I tried some of them today on Madeline and I'm happy to report they worked. He does seminars for parents and educators. So if you are looking for a speaker he is good.

My mother in law came to town for a few days and the girls had the best time. They worked puzzles, colored lots, we went shopping, read LOTS of books, and they made a ginger bread house.



. They were sad to see her go. I took Macy to MDO this morning while Gramme and Madeline finished the house. When Macy got home she ran into the bedroom, kitchen, and yelled upstairs for Gramme. She wanted to know where she was. I must say she was a little sad when I told her she went back to Oklahoma. She quickly said, "She come back and see me soon." They love visitors. I guess they get bored with plain ole' mom. Tomorrow is swim lessons for Macy. She is so excited. She will ask me everyday, "Do I go to sim class today?" She was happy when I told her tonight that we would be going in the morning.

Nothing else new happening with us. Brad is still liking his new job and new car. He got a new car a few weeks ago and has been loving it. We were sad to say goodbye to the Accord but it was getting up there in years and it was time to let it go. Here's what he got...


It's a Nissan Altima. Madeline calls it Daddy's fast car. Macy hasn't gotten to ride in it yet. She just likes to get in it and play.

I hope you all are enjoying your week. We have had some raining cooler weather and I hear it's supposed to get REAL COLD by the weekend. I'm not a fan of REAL COLD weather but I guess I'd better get ready for it.

Edit: I do not know why the typing is so large at the beginning of this post. I have tried everything to change it to no avail...Sorry! Lucky for those of you that can't see well...

2 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Yay Madeline!! Cute and smart! What a blessing that the girls have such a great time with Gramme! Hopefully you get some you time while the girls have Gramme time! :)

Jaime said...

Congratulations again to Madeline. I am so proud of her!

Yummy gingerbread house. Are you going to let the girls eat it? Have they picked any of the candies off yet? :)