Sunday, November 9, 2008

We are nearing the end....

Of the weekend that is. We got a lot of the things we've been meaning to get done. Brad spent about 4 hours mowing/scalping the yard yesterday morning. Look at all the bags of grass he got.

He worked long and hard and was covered in dry grass but it's done now. I know he feels good about it because he keeps walking out there and looking at it. A man and his yard. HA! I cleaned house and organized the office closet...UGH!! Now that was about a 2 hours chore. It's amazing how much "junk" you collect. It's still jam packed full of stuff but it looks a little less chaotic. Makes me feel better at least. That is my next job to continue cleaning out closets, drawers, and cabinets. It's a much overdue chore that needs to take place. Let's see, what else did we do yesterday? We changed all the burned out light bulbs, hung a few pictures, and had dinner with the neighbors. Not too bad for a days work. Oh and the girls and I indulged in a favorite snack of ours....


Popcorn with M&M's. Have you ever tried this?

I was a little skeptical at first when my neighbor told me she did it but then I tried it and YUMMY!! You know how you like something salty and then you always want something sweet to go with it (well I do at least)...here you have the best of both worlds...Try it next time. I know, I know, it's not the healthiest of snacks but when your not feeling well and you need a little pick me up...Tada...you have it. Let me know what you think?


I am still fighting this head cold/chest congestion yuck. I thought I was finally starting to get over it about Thursday and then BAM it hit me hard early Sat. morning. I'm ready for all the sickness to leave our household. The girls are finally over all there yuck. Madeline has A LITTLE cough but it's much better. Hubs still has a little cough and congestion in his chest.


My mother in law is coming to stay a couple days with us. The girls are super excited. They love to have visitors. Should be another busy week. Hope you all had a great weekend. I want to thank ALL OF YOU who have sent sweet messages to me and to Jake and Erica. I know they read everyone of them and find comfort in the words. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.


I leave you with the girls....




Madeline wanted to pose with the pumpkins. She's funny....




I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I thought it was pretty funny. She was oblivious to the fact that she had a major wedgie.

4 comments:

Our family said...

haha Caitlin still puts her undies on backwards which almost always gives her a wedgie. Cute. And I love Madeline's outfit with the pumpkins.

Jennifer Owens said...

Popcorn with M&M's ROCKS. One of my favorite things too - I love the sweet and salty combination. (o:

Anonymous said...

This had me cracking up!

CAC said...

what a hilarious picture. too cute!! re the popcorn: that sounds delicious! i saw a recipe where you chop up snickers into a bowl of hot popcorn, I haven't tried it, but it sounds yummy!