Friday, May 2, 2008

She's A, ok...

I took Macy to the dentist this morning to have her chipped tooth looked at. The dentist said it looked good. They took an x-ray to see if it was pushing the permanent tooth and it was but not a lot. She said the chip was clean but that a filling wouldn't stick to it because it didn't go through any of the blood vessels and the nerves looked great. She said the tooth itself would extract back down some in the next 2 - 3 weeks. She wants us to come back in July and she will take another x-ray to see how it looks at that point and will file the tooth down some. Worse case scenario is that the tooth could become infected and then they'd have to pull it. She also said we may notice a little discoloration on the tooth and there is a chance that her permanent tooth would have some discoloration on it as well. We'll just have to wait and see but from what she is seeing it looks like it will be just fine. Macy was such a big girl. She let the dentist pull around on her lip and look all over her mouth and didn't even flinch when they took the x-rays. Way to go, Macy!!
In other news, Madeline's gymnastics coach is moving her up to the next level. She is really doing well at gymnastics. She will now be in the Girls Level 1 class. She is SO excited. She will now be doing a bit more challenging stuff like the big uneven bars (not the toddler size), the REAL beam, floor, etc. She can't wait. She just started gymnastics in September and has already moved up TWO levels. Yes, I am bragging a bit but hey, she is MY daughter and I'm super proud of her. She has also informed us that she wants to play t-ball. So I guess we are going to look into T-ball in the fall. This should be fun. I began playing when I was about her age and LOVED it. Hopefully she will too...Secretly, I think she just wants the uniform, and ribbons in her hair. Can't blame a girl huh?
Let's see what else, we are planning a trip to Oklahoma next weekend for Macy's SECOND birthday and mother's day. I can't wait to see my nephew whom I haven't seen in over 2 months and even then I saw him for just a bit. (and the rest of you wonderful inlaws and my family too.) The girls and I may spend an extra day or two. There are a few friends I'd like to try to see while I'm there too. We have to be back by Wed. May 14th because that is Brad and Madeline's "annual" daddy/daughter date to the Texas Rangers game. Madeline goes for all the yummy food (well Brad too for that matter) and to get a surprise. I'll have to send him with the camera so he can get some pictures. I'll be home unpacking, cleaning, doing laundry, and spending some one on one time with little Miss Disaster (Macy).
Speaking of disaster, well not a disaster, but Miss Macy has been getting in trouble at school. Really? She's only TWO (well almost) you say? Apparently she is testing the limits with her teachers. If they ask her to do something or not to do something she laughs and shakes her head No. What am I going to do with her? Already getting the notes from the teacher at TWO. I think it's just those TERRIBLE TWOS starting...UGH!!
I need to get back to my housework and laundry. I need to make the cookies and brownies for tonight. We are cooking out, playing mexican train, and hanging with the DeCordova (Neighbors) tonight. Taking advantage of this beautiful weather we are having.

I wanted to share this HIL-AR-IOUS picture of Macy while she is napping. For all you moms that don't put ANYTHING in your child's bed, pretend like you don't see the MANY things in Macy's. Isn't that too funny? (Please ignore the SUPER WET diaper too)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

0 comments: