Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Christmas...is over....

THANK GOD!!

I love this time of year but it is always so tiring. I don't know if it's all the preparations, all the excitement, all the traveling, or all the food. Probably a combination of all the mentioned.
We got home from Oklahoma yesterday afternoon. We had the best time in Oklahoma with all are families and friends. We spent half of the time with my family and half with Hubs' family. The girls got spoiled beyond belief. They are so loved and are so blessed to have the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousin that they do. God truly blessed us in this area.
We did our Christmas at home before we left. The girls wrote Santa a letter "reminding" him that we were leaving early to go to Oklahoma and if he wasn't too busy could he stop by our house a little early. They put out cookies and milk for Santa and sprinkled reindeer food (oatmeal with glitter in it) in the front yard. The glitter is so they can find our house. You see, the moonlight shines and makes the glitter shine so it's easier for Rudolph to find our house..Great idea huh?
These are pictures from our house....

Madeline with her stocking.





Macy dumping her stocking out. This way is MUCH faster.



Macy opening one of her dress up dresses.


All dressed up...


Daddy and Madeline EARLY in the morning.


Madeline got a Nintendo DS. Here she is really into the game.


Madeline is VERY into American Girl. She has 3 dolls (Julie,Kit, and Ruthie(which she got for Christmas from her Granddad and Gramme) and the Twins. She has been wanting Julie's bed for a long time so Santa brought it to her. She was so excited when she found it hidden behind the tree.



I also forgot to mention that Macy LOVES the Nintendo DS as much as Madeline. Here she is waiting so patiently for her turn to play.


That pretty much covers "OUR" Christmas at home. While we were in Oklahoma we got to visit several good friends. I got to have lunch with two of my favorite girls Kristie and Donna. (Can you believe I didn't take any pictures. UGH!) Kristie and I have been friends since the 7th grade and Donna and I have been friends since Kindergarten. Both these girls are very special to me. Kristie was my maid of honor and we were also college roomies. Donna was a bridesmaid and she is the one that was responsible for Hubs and I getting together. She set us up. We also had dinner with some very special friends, The Nuthmans. Shawna and I met my senior year of high school and became instant friends. Shawna too was in my wedding and her husband Lance was our WONDERFUL pastor who married Hubs and I. It was very special to have someone so close to us marry us. We grew apart several years ago but I am hoping that we can start building that friendship again. They are incredible people with THREE ADORABLE kiddos. We got to have a nice visit with The Batemans and meet their precious new daughter Katelynn who is 6 weeks old. Brian was Hubs' best man and Hubs was Brian's' best man. They too are very special people. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends. We love them all. There were still so many other friends that we would have loved to gotten together with but there just never seems to be enough time or schedules don't work out. We will get together with everyone soon.


We had a great time with my family and got to spend some good time with both of my brothers and parents. We also got to spend time with two of our other favorite people, my brothers girlfriend, Jaime (who I think of as a sister in law) and her precious son, Garrett, whom the girls ADORE.


Christmas at Papa and Nana's:





The girls coloring so nicely together. I love it when they get along...HA!


The girls with Uncle Joshua (my "little" brother)


Madeline and Garrett both into their DS's


Macy loved the deer and sleigh at papa and nana's. She wanted to sit in the sleigh because when she was a baby we put her in it to take her picture. She didn't understand that now she was too big.


Macy asking Nana (my mom) if she can open presents.



The girls in front of the tree. They weren't into taking pictures. They wanted to open presents.


Madeline with her Pixos.




Garrett and Jaime. (Jaime is 8 months pregnant with my niece)


My older brother, Aaron and Jaime. Happy parents to be.


The girls helping Papa (my dad) open his gifts.


Hubs and I.


Madeline and Garrett. She adores him and is sad every time we have to leave.


As you can see, we had the best time with my family. My mom definitely took good care of us. I think all we did was eat while we were there. Thanks mom and dad.

Next we headed to Hubs' side of the family. We got their Christmas Eve. Everyone was there and we got to visit for a little bit before it was time to get into bed because Santa was on his way. The girls were the last ones to wake up that morning. I think they were worn out from all the festivities the night before. Once they woke up and Hubs' brother, sister in law, and nephew got there it was time to open the gifts. Once again the girls were spoiled rotten. Look at the fun we had here.

All the cousins *notice SOMEONE is too busy to look at the camera*


Uncle Brad reading the note that "Santa" left for Madeline.


Cuddling up close to granddad.


Macy in her new Pottery Barn chair.


Madeline and her new American Girl doll, Ruthie.


Macy and my sister in law. Macy is showing her how to play the DS. Go figure!


This is my sweet nephew, Austen. He disappeared for a while and we noticed he was
"sweeping" with the little broom. However, when it was investigated a little closer, he was actually dipping the broom into the dogs water bowl and "mopping". Gotta love little ones.


This is Hubs grandmother who is in her 90's and struggles with Alzheimer's. Although she really doesn't know who we all are she still has the best time with us. Madeline is helping her open one of her Christmas presents.


My nephew and I looking at the Photo book I made for my mother in law with pictures of all the grand kids in it. He enjoyed seeing pictures of himself in a book. He is such a little ham. Anytime you get the camera he looks at you and says, "Cheese."


We had a wonderful time with Hubs' family. His sister and her husband didn't get to spend very much time with us, as they both had to work the day after. We missed getting to spend time with them. I'm hoping they will come visit us soon...HINT HINT!! However, we did get to spend LOTS of time with his brother, our sister in law, and our nephew. We did some shopping and even had a Wii game night. I hate to admit it but our sister in law KILLED us TWICE at Wii Monopoly. Thanks Katie...

Sadly, our trip had to come to an end. It was time to pack up and head home. It barely fit. We were stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey. Here's the view we had from the front seat.

I sure hope the girls weren't claustrophobic because there was no room anywhere around them.

Here's the view from the back.




And that MY FRIENDS is Christmas with us. Oh the joy, of unpacking the car and finding a place for all our new stuff. I hope you all had a blessed Christmas and have an even Happier NEW YEAR. Stay tuned for some exciting news to come.

God Bless you all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the exciteing news? I am one of those impatient ones that can not wait!!! I will call you this weekend to schedule your family photo shoot. I am glad you had a great Christmas and am jealous you have it all put away! - Erica

Jaime said...

Once again, it was really great to see you. The pictures are really good. See you soon!