Monday, December 15, 2008

It's a cold Monday

Wow...Old man winter showed up over night. It is COLD!! Yesterday was absolutely BEAUTIFUL with temperatures in the high 70's. Hubs went and played golf with our neighbor, Mark and another guy from our church. They had a great time. I'm really not ready for this cold weather. We are just now getting over all our colds, sinus infections, etc. and now it's supposed to be in the 30's for two days and then back in the 60's. I pray we get through it with no sickness. I want Christmas to be "ill- free" this year.
Friday night we had our Sunday school Christmas party at the church. We had a great time. We ate lots of great food and dessert, played a few fun games, and had good fellowship. I didn't get many pictures. Here are a few of the girls before we left.
(Excuse the blurriness on the pictures)



Saturday, we FINALLY made it over to see our friends The Murray's precious baby boy, Adam. He is two months and was born 5 weeks premature. However, you wouldn't know this because he is such a big boy. He just curled up in my neck and slept for a good hour. I love that age when you can just sit and look at them sleep and watch all the funny facial expressions they make. We spent a few hours visiting with them before heading to Target to grab some things needed for Madeline's kindergarten teacher and also a few things we needed at home. Saturday evening we loaded back up in the car and went looking at Christmas lights. Madeline and especially Macy "oohed and aahed" at all the lights. It was so funny listening to the excitement in their voices. When I pulled out of our neighborhood to go to another neighborhood, Madeline was at first disappointed because she thought we were finished until I explained to her that we were going to another neighborhood to look. She was thrilled and even said, "I didn't know we were going to get to go to OTHER NEIGHBORHOODS. YAY!!". We had a great time as a family driving around, listening to Christmas music, and giggling.
Sunday, we went to church and the guys (hubs and Mark) left from their to go play gold while the girls (Kristie and I) took all the kids to eat hamburgers. YUMMY!! We came home and I attempted to take a nap but the girls were rather loud playing so that didn't happen. We went back to church last night for the adult choirs "Celebrate Joy" performance. They were incredible.
Now it's Monday and that means laundry, house cleaning, etc. I really don't mind doing it today because it's so stinking cold outside. I have a lot that I need to get done this week before we leave town for a week for Christmas. This week I have two Christmas parties to help with, one Christmas play (Macy), finish wrapping presents, and pack for our trip. I hope you all are winding up on your Christmas shopping and getting ready for the big day.
Through all the hustle and bustle of the shopping frenzie my pray is that we all remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas is JESUS!!

God Bless you all!!!

1 comments:

Jaime said...

Burrrrr it's FREEZING outside! I'm not ready for the cold either. Aaron finished putting the babt furniture together last night I will send you pics later today. See you soon!