Thursday, December 4, 2008

Give Thanks....

Ok, I'm finally getting around to giving all of you our Thanksgiving update,COMPLETE with pictures. We left town Tuesday afternnon and headed to Oklahoma. It seems like our car just kicks into auto-pilot (hubs is driving of course) but it's been down I-35 so many times it knows the route. We spent the first part of our trip with hubs' family. We did a little shopping, lots of eating, and even went on a nature hike. The boys (Hubs and his dad) played golf while the girls (gramme, Aunt Mich, the girls, and I) went hiking. Look at our adventure.....

Here's everyone heading into the nature park...The girls have their bags to collect "treasures" in.


Macy posing....


Macy checking out what lives in the stump of the tree.


Looking for the birds and squirrels with Gramme.


Another photo moment.


Me and my girlies...


Aunt Mich and her two monkeys.


Just a couple of trees that I thought the coloring was so beautiful...





It was amazing how many "TREASURES" the girls found. We came home with all sizes and shapes of leaves, acorns (eaten and uneaten), pea gravel, sticks, small branches. The girls had the best time and we "older girls" got some good exercise.

Every year, hubs' father puts out his big train track that goes under and around the Christmas tree. He hadn't put it together yet this year so the girls asked him to while we were there. Of course, he jumped right to it. You could tell he was excited to do so. Here are the girls helping Granddad get the train out and together.



Here's a picture of Madeline with her Uncle Brad and Aunt Mich(hubs' sister and husband)

Poor Uncle Brad gets NO REST from the time he arrives till the time he leaves. He is non-stop jungle gym for the girls to climb on, airplane to fly on, train to ride on, and Top Entertainer. Thanks Brad for being so great with them. You've come A LONG way.
We didn't get to see my other brother and sister in law much because they spent Thanksgiving at her families but I did get to keep my nephew for 9 hours on Saturday. That was a lot of fun. We had the best time playing together. The girls love being around him and I think he likes them just as well. He is the best little man. Take a look at these three trouble makers....


Pounding on the ottamon to see how much noise they could make...



I love this little guy!!


Here's all three of them in the bed having snuggle time. Aren't they all three precious?


Friday through Sunday was spent at my parents. We did my families Thanksgiving on Friday. We had a WONDERFUL meal with the best PIE I've ever eaten. If you know me, I'm normally NOT a pie eater. I NEVER eat pie. However, this year my mom made a pie called a Kentucky Pie....It's super Yummy. The best (ok, maybe second best) thing is, it makes 2 pies at once. If you like chocolate, you need to try it. It's also great with ice cream or cool whip on the top.....I can't wait to make some.


We spent the day with both my brothers, my brother's girlfriend and her son, Garrett(who is like a nephew to me), my parents, and one of my brother's friends. We had a great time together. The girls both love playing with Garrett and when it was time for him to leave Macy got the saddest face and didn't want him to leave. We had a great time away even with the circumstances that were taking place at home. We are looking forward to spending time with everyone again at Christmas in just a few short weeks.

I hope you all are having a great week....I leave you with my little pilgrim girl. Madeline had to dress up as a Pilgrim girl for her feast at school.

3 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Love all the pictures...look at you! I also talked with Aly today on the phone and she said ya'll were going to do a bloggy meet up after the holidays. She is SUCH a doll...you'll love her!

Jaime said...

YUM...so when are we going to have some more Kentucky pie? That was the BEST pie I have ever eaten to and I've thought about it ever since. I think I will have to make my own very soon!

Anonymous said...

I know that nature trail! That was right by our house. I can't remember the name, but we loved going there! The girls look great as always, I love the pic of Madeline as a pilgrim.