Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Taking a break to reflect...

Today has been a day of cleaning the house, doing laundry, and reflecting. First cleaning house because my parents are due to be here in the morning and I'm so excited they are coming. The girls don't know about them coming so they will both be so surprised when they see Papa and Nana with mommy at school tomorrow to pick them up. Madeline keeps asking me if Nana and Papa are ever going to come like they said they would at Christmas time. She'll be thrilled when she realizes they will get to watch her at gymnastics too. The house is almost done, need to change the sheets and finish mopping the floors. Madeline asked me this morning when I started cleaning why I don't have someone just come clean the house for me. Oh I wish I could! She said, "Then just do it and I'll tell daddy." If it were only that easy.
Second the laundry...IS NEVER ENDING!! How can I do laundry all weekend and even a few loads on Monday and STILL have laundry to do? UGH!! I'm almost done with it too.
Now for reflecting. This week has been a week of reflection for me. First,Sunday, January 13, marked 3 years since I lost what was to be our 2nd child. I suffered a miscarriage at 12 weeks along. I still think about that day and that child, and thank God for the ones I have. It's something that will never be forgotten. Then it was one year ago today that my mom called me to tell me that my grandma had passed away. She was the only grandmother I really knew. My "nana" passed away when I was 4 so I don't remember much about her other than the things I am told. My grandma was an AMAZING women. She lived 95 wonderful years. She was a fighter and was one TOUGH OLD LADY. She beat colon cancer, got through a total knee replacement at 90, and multiple other injuries/illnesses. She was a true example of a strong Christian women and someone that I'd like to model. I have found myself on numerous occasions this year addressing birthday invitation, Christmas cards, etc. to her. It doesn't seem like she should be really gone. I miss her as much today as I did the day we said goodbye. I wish that my children could have gotten to spend more time with her and see just how amazing she really was. So to you grandma, I know you are in heaven having the time of your life with grandpa, your brother, sisters, and friends. I'll see you someday. I love you!!

This is one of the last pictures of her with the girls...I'll cherish it always!
I'm sorry this blog is so depressing but it's what's been on my mind. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm sure we will be extremely busy with my parents here. I'll post again soon...it will be a happy post. Till then....

2 comments:

Stafford Family said...

Hi Danielle! I went to post a blog today and saw your comment... glad you have decided to blog! I love reading these! I read all of your posts so far! ha! I was really jealous to read about your girls weekend... OH how I need one of those!! Sounds fun- The girls are adorable- I'm so glad to see the pictures. And congrats on your 20 pounds too- Please call the next time you guys come to OK- even if it's for 15 minutes, we would love to see you guys- we miss you! take care, Brandy Stafford

Our family said...

Thinking of you during your reflection. Having such good cherished memories are worth millions that someday you can pass down to your girls! Smile your grandma would want you too and I am sure she is watching over you. HUGS!