Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Back...Hopefully to stay!!

Wow, it's been forever since I have visited my blog and even longer since I have updated it. Lots has been going on in our lives these past few months. Our computer crashed a few months ago and we had some debating on what kind of new computer we wanted to replace it with. Should we go PC again or go with the MAC. The MAC won and I'm loving it. There is still so much to learn on it but I'm enjoying seeing all that it can do.

I think I'll spend this post just getting you all caught up on us. Last time I blogged we had just been blessed with a new nephew, Sutton Kyle who is now SEVEN months. That I can't believe. He is getting so big, so fast.


See what I mean? Isn't he just the cutest?

We also found out that in August we will be blessed with another sweet nephew, Jackson Timothy. Hubs' brother and wife are having their second son. We can't wait to meet him.

My niece turned a year in January and is walking EVERYWHERE. We got to spend some time with them while we were "home" for Spring break. I hate living so far away that we only get to see them every couple of months. I feel like we miss out on so much of their lives.

As you know from my last post that Madeline has been doing competitive cheerleading and LOVES IT!! She is doing so well with it. They competed in 4 competitions. The first 2 competitions they competed just as a show team to get them ready for what it was really going to be like when they competed. In their first competition actually competing they got 1st place and they were so excited. Madeline has come a long way in her tumbling. She is doing her standing back handspring and does a round off back handspring. She is currently working on doing multiples (more than one at a time). We are very proud of her and all her accomplishments. Here's some pictures before some of her competitions.






Madeline has almost completed her first grade year. She has done superior in school. We are very proud of her.

Macy has been staying home with me for the past 6 months. Her "school year" started off rocky with lots of illness so we decided to pull her out and just kept her home, as I enjoyed having our time together. She tries to keep up with Madeline and one day wants to be a MVP cheerleader, just like sissy.

The end of October was a difficult time for our family as we lost Hub's Mema. She had battled with Alzheimers for a number of years and her health was slowly getting worse. Although it was very hard to say goodbye, we all knew that she was in a much better place and she was reunited with her love, Granddad. We loved her and miss her.

As for me, I took a MUCH needed girls cruise with 2 of my friends in January. We sailed out of Galveston and headed towards warmer weather in Mexico. We were done for 5 days and it was great. It was nice to get away just girls with no worries, no children, and no hubbies. However, I did miss them dearly but I'm ready to plan the next one.

Of course, so much more has gone on but that hits the highlights. More to come.....

0 comments: