Monday, April 20, 2009

I got a little "Crafty"

A friend of mine made me this AWESOME frame (don't have a picture) but it looks like a frame that you would pay about $35 from at a boutique type gift store. I was VERY IMPRESSED and wondered if I could make them too. Now, if you know me at all, then you know I am not a very "Crafty" person. I'm not "artsy", I don't have "the eye" for things, it's just not me. However, I asked my friend to give me the scoop on how to make these DARLING frames. After a short (ok, LONG, thanks Shawna) tutorial and a trip to Michael's and Hobby Lobby to get all the supplies needed, I sat down to make it all happen.
The main reason I wanted to make these frames was because this week is Teacher Appreciation Week at Macy's MDO and I thought these would be perfect for her teachers. I also made one for my wonderful friend and neighbor. I worked on them for a few hours this evening and here is the finished product....Tell me what you think?















I have so many more ideas for ones that I want to make for upcoming baby arrivals, Mothers Day, etc. So get ready friends and family. You know what your next present will be...HA!

This week is a busy week in our house. Tomorrow I have a meeting with the other homeroom moms to plan our end of the year party. Every Tuesday afternoon for the next 7 weeks I am meeting with a group of 4 women to do a Discipleship Bible Study. We get together for lunch and do the study and visit. Last week was our first week and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Although, I will have to cut it short because Miss Macy has an appointment with the ENT doctor to discuss her ears and if she needs to have another set of tubes put in. Wish us luck! Thursday is the big Teacher Appreciation breakfast and lunch for Macy's MDO teachers and I am helping serve and set up for that. On top of all that is going on I have a house to clean and laundry that needs to be done. It will get done sooner or later.

Have a great week everyone.

4 comments:

Chell said...

Those are adorable! Good Job!!!

Justinand said...

I love those frames!!! I think you need to put the short (long) tutorial on your blog so I can learn how to make them too!!

Kimberly P. (OKC) said...

I think you did a GREAT job. Very very cute...

Amy said...

Yes, please give us the tutorial! I'm looking for ideas for teacher gifts too! : ) They are beautiful!