Sunday, April 26, 2009

Big Girls Weekend.

I got to spend the entire weekend with only Madeline. Hubs and Macy left for Oklahoma Friday morning to spend the weekend with Granddad and Gramme. It allowed for Madeline and I to have a weekend of just Mommy and Mad time. We had a blast. Friday, Madeline had her GRADUATION pictures taken at school. Can you believe her kindergarten year is coming to an end. Before I know it, she'll be taking her senior graduation pictures. Of course, I had to snap a few pictures of her at home before taking her to school. She looks so grown up.







Isn't she lovely? I don't know where my girls got their LONG eyelashes but I wish I had half of what they have.



Daddy and his girls.

After I picked Madeline up from school we headed out to do some shopping. She had two birthday parties this weekend so we were on the search for the perfect gifts. She decided on a webkinz for each. After about 2 hours of shopping and getting all the "supplies" (ie. popcorn, candy, pop, chips) for our "Movie night" we went to grab some dinner. We went to a little hamburger place where we played a game of Trouble while we waited for our food. After we DEVOURED our dinner we headed home where we played more games. After playing Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, Pretty, Pretty, Princess, and Connect Four we decided it was time to watch our movies. We snuggled on the couch with all our comfort food in hand and watched Bedtime Stories. Very cute movie, by the way. I believe we were "crashing" from the sugar high we had been on that we both crawled into bed and slept till 9:30 Saturday morning.

Saturday morning we lounged around and then had to get ready for the first birthday party of the weekend. Madeline had a great time at Sweet and Sassy getting all made up. Check her out....


Here she's being asked questions about her favorite color (pink), favorite celebrity (Hannah Montana), Favorite store (walmart-seriously?), etc.




Before the party started and they were waiting for all the girls to get there, they let them walk the cat walk. I think Madeline has this modeling thing down. What do you think?





This is after she had her make up done, her hair fixed like a rock star, and her nails painted...






After the party, Madeline's friend Tyler came home with us to play for a few hours. While the girls played, I relaxed, curled up into the recliner and watched one of the movies I had rented for myself, Nights in Rodanthe. I had read the book so I was looking forward to seeing the movie. I liked it. Of course, I cried. Once Tyler left, we went over to the neighbors where my neighbor and I worked with the girls (Madeline and Rachel) on the dance that they have to know for their cheer squad. Let's just say, it took A LOT of time and A LOT of patience. OH MY!! My neighbor and I then went and had dinner by ourselves. It was nice to sit and visit in quiet.

Hubs and Macy arrived home at about noon. The girls were so excited to see each other. We sure missed them but REALLY enjoyed our weekend together. We need to have more weekends just like that. Thanks to Hubs for taking the little one with him. Madeline had her 2nd party of the weekend today at 1:00. She picked out her outfit and did look so super cute.






I also was a little creative this week and made a few more frames to show you guys.
I know many of you want the instructions on how to make them. I'll type them up this week and post them later in the week.


Oklahoma State.


I made this one as a gift for a teacher/friend at Madeline's school that just had her first baby girl Thursday evening.



I loved this zebra print and just made it a "generic" one.

If you'd like me to make one for you just leave me a comment with colors, verse, names, or whatever you'd like it to look like.

Have a super week!!

1 comments:

Chell said...

I just can not believe how fast the girls are growing up! Where does time go??