Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter 2009.

I hope you all had a blessed Resurrection Sunday. What a blessing it is knowing that on this day Jesus rose again just like he promised and is alive today. Thank you my Savior!!

We had a pretty lazy weekend around our house. Saturday was spent finishing any straggling laundry, bathing the pup, (who isn't much of a pup anymore), tidying up the house, and hubs mowed the lawn. In the afternoon we let the girls dye and decorate Easter eggs. Macy had a blast and made a COMPLETE mess. I think she dyed her hands more than the eggs.




Can you see the Masters one that Hubs made? He was so proud.

We woke up bright and early Sunday morning to get ready for church as we chose to go to the early service (8:30) so that myself and my neighbor could work in the nursery during the 10:30 service. We had a GREAT group of 1.5 year olds. They are all so precious.

The girls loved getting dressed up in their Easter dresses and couldn't wait to see what the Easter bunny brought them in their baskets. Macy woke up and came into the bathroom where I was getting ready and asked, "Did that big bunny come last night?" HA!! She went to wake Madeline up so they could see what he brought them. Can you believe that I forgot to take pictures of them with their baskets?

Here are some pictures before leaving for church..............


Precious girls.


Looking so grown up.


My little ham.



Mommy and her girls.



Daddy and his princesses.

After we got home from church we had lunch with our best friends/neighbors, The DeCordovas. We had the BEST lunch. YUM!! After lunch, the girls all hunted Easter eggs and had a blast even though they had to hunt inside because of the rainy weather. I however, couldn't wait to take a nap. I was able to get in a FOUR HOUR nap. It was amazing. We had a great Easter although we missed seeing our families. We love you all.

One more thing before I go for today. Many have asked about our puppy Cooper. He's doing great. Growing WAY TOO FAST!! He's still into everything, chewing on things, and has an occasional accident in the house but is getting MUCH better. He is sleeping all night and LOVES his brother, as you can see in the picture below.




He loves to snuggle up next to Riley and Riley is getting used to Coop being around. I think he even likes him. Just to give you perspective of how much he has grown. This is Cooper the day I brought him home (Feb 6.) He weighed 12.5 pounds.




And this was taken last night (April 12) and he weighs about 30 pounds now.


You can't tell a lot of difference because he is laying down but he has doubled in size. I'll try to get some better pictures of him. He's so cute but a mess.

Until next time....

2 comments:

Chell said...

I so miss the days of cute Easter dresses! I did actually get Kobi to pick out a dress this year, then she didn't even wear it... it was "to cold & yucky".

Amy said...

Beautiful blog, Danielle! Your girls are just precious.

Thanks again for your help in the nursery on Easter! They are a sweet bunch, aren't they? : )