Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Whirlwind of a week and it's already Thursday?

Wow...I can't believe it is already Thursday. We are leaving in 1 day for a week long vacation and I still have NO ONE packed. I have however, started doing the laundry. It has been a VERY BUSY week. I felt like most of my time has been spent sitting in a doctors office waiting room, in an exam room, in a lab, oh wait...that's exactly what it has been. UGH!! I'm so ready for a vacation, even though the girls and I just got back from a mini vacation to Oklahoma. I think we are going to have a blast in Galveston. Even though the water is too cold to get in we can still play in the sand, go sightseeing, etc. We are going to Schlitterbaun one day so that should be lots of fun. Now for the real reason you came here...My sweet baby Macy,even though she's not much of a baby anymore I still like to think of her as one. I was FINALLY able to get all the stool samples needed to do the tests. I will be happy to not have to do that again...EVER!! I took her in yesterday afternoon and they catheterized her, which she was not happy about at all. She was a trooper and even got to get the puple (aka purple) sucker. They had also gotten back some of the blood tests from the day before. My doctors colleauge came in and went over the results with me (my doctor doesn't work on Weds.) and said everything came back normal but there was one that was a little high. Her BUN test, for those of you that know your medical stuff you may know what that is. I'm not real sure but she said my doctor would get with me when all the test came in and talk them over with me which I am hoping will be tomorrow since it wasn't today. They had not gotten the celiac test back and 1 of the fecal tests back. They did test her stools for blood and they all came back negative. Sorry for those of you who don't like hearing about poop tests. So we'll continue to wait. Macy was doing a lot better as of yesterday with her diarrhea and then today it all was back and her poor bottom is red and VERY irritated. I hope we figure something out soon because this poor child has been through enough the past two weeks with her poor bottom. As for me, I have not heard anything back on my cat scan. I called the doctor today and she had not gotten the results back. Like I said before we wait and hopefully hear something tomorrow. I'm off to fold the clothes in the dryer that just buzzed. Good Night!

0 comments: