Friday, March 7, 2008

It was a beautiful spring.....SNOW!!!

Yes, you are seeing that right. We got snow in Texas yesterday. Four inches where we live. The day started gloomy and sprinkling. I took the girls to school and started running my errands. I was at Grapevine Mills Mall when about 11:30 Brad calls and said it was snowing at home...Neat, I thought. When much to my surprise about an hour later I come to the exit at the mall to see that it is sleeting and snowing...OH, WOW!! I jump in the car and head to pick up the girls early before it gets any worse out. I have to say, I'm glad we don't get this kind of weather very often because Texas drivers cannot drive on it. It took me almost hour to get to the girls school and it's only a 15 minute drive from the mall normally. UGH!! I made it, picked them up, and dropped them off at home with Brad. I then took my neighbor, she is too scared to drive on this, to pick up all her kids at school. We made it home in one piece and the kids were dying to get out and play. I found Macy sitting at the window saying Snow, Snow! So we got them all bundled up and ventured out to play. I still don't understand how I enjoyed playing in the snow for so long when I was a kid. It was freezing and wet. We had a snow ball fight with the neighbors kids, made snow angels, and of course, built a snowman. Macy enjoyed watching us all play while she sat with her snowball and ate. We played for about 30 minutes and then the whining, "I'm cold, I'm wet, I want to go in." started. So we peeled off the layers and sat by the fire to warm up. Macy however, did not want to take her snow stuff off, especially the gloves. We had a good time. Here are some pictures of our fun day in the snow and a few from today.


Madeline's ready to go.

Sweet Macy could hardly move.


Our "blizzard" like conditions.

Madeline playing.

Macy putting her feet in the snow for the first time, ever.

Ready, Set, Go!!

Side view of the snow man Colby (neighbors son, Madeline, and I built)

This is from this morning. When I went and got Macy up this morning and opened her blinds and she saw the snow still. She held her hands up like to put the gloves on and said, Mae, Mae bite. She wanted to go out and get more snow to eat.
Madeline has already asked to go play in the snow this morning. It's such a mess with all the wet clothes, and the layers and layers you have to put on them. Now I know how my mom felt. Maybe this afternoon when it warms up she can go out and play. Off to start cleaning and organizing closets. Brad is actually going to attempt to go into work today. He seems to finally be feeling better. See you all soon....

0 comments: