Saturday, May 1, 2010

Opthamologist...Check!!

I took Madeline to the pediatric opthamologist on Thursday to see if it could be her eyes that were causing the headaches. The doctor said if she is having trouble seeing and her eyes are having to strain to see then that could definitely cause her to have headaches.

I was VERY impressed with the doctor we went to see, Dr. Michael Hunt. His office staff was very nice and professional. They were great with Madeline and asked lots of questions. When we got into the exam room there was a sign on the wall that said, "As Christian physicians, we welcome the opportunity to pray with our patients and their families. Please let us know if you would like us to pray with you." I was very impressed. It's not everyday that you go into a doctors office and see a sign like that.
The doctor looked at many different things pertaining to Madeline's eyes. They checked her eye sight, (she saw 20/20 in her right eye and 20/25 in her left) her depth perception, to see if her eyes were trying to cross, and the fluid around her optic nerve. All of these things looked completely normal at this time. So when she tells me she can't hear, ha, I know otherwise!!

So are next step at this point is to see the neurologist in June, the first available appointment they had. However, I'm thinking I may call our pediatrician and ask her about possibly having Madeline allergy tested to see if it could be just plain old allergies that could be causing these headaches. I know during allergy season my head hurts often. We'll see what she says. I'm hoping that soon we will have an answer.

In the meantime, we are gearing up for Macy's FOURTH birthday on May 9th, which also happens to be Mother's Day this year. I can't believe my baby is turning 4 already. Where has the time gone? She is super excited about her "princess" party. We won't have her party until the 15th. All our family is coming down to help us celebrate.

On May 16, Madeline, our oldest is getting baptized. It warms a parents heart when your child asks Christ to live in their heart and become a part of them. We are so excited for Madeline. She asked him into her heart back in January. We were praying before bed and she started asking a bunch of questions and said that she had been thinking about it and that she wanted him to live with her forever. I wanted to make sure she COMPLETELY understood what it meant so we sat down with our Children's minister at church and she discussed with her and asked Madeline a lot of questions. I can't wait till that day when I know that she will be with me FOREVER.

I'll post pictures after all the big events. Also, I'd like to ask that you be in prayer for our family as there may be some BIG changes in our near future. I can't say a whole lot right now but should know more in the NEAR future.

Till then........

2 comments:

Chell said...

We went through the headaches like that with Kobi. We did alot of testing and scans and mris. We never went through ALL of the allergy testing, but they diagnosed her with allergies induced migraines. Kobi's seems to be more seasonal, like pollen, grass and trees. Start keeping a food log now, if you aren't already doing so - they will want to see if it could be food related. I had one child that was allergic to a certain dye used in foods that caused him migraines... Good luck - Keep us posted.

lasik eye surgeon said...

Nicely said. I like your way of writing. Will certainly visit your site more often now.


-seff-