Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Will things ever get better?

Well I'm still here. After spending 2 weeks in and out of doctor offices and hospitals with Madeline, I got to go to the doctor last Friday because of myself. A couple of weeks ago I worked all day in our front flower beds making them beautiful. When I woke up the next day my body was EXTREMELY sore. I don't think I had ever been that sore in my life. (Tells you how badly I am out of shape). I also noticed that my right forearm/wrist was very painful and hosted a HUGE knot. I began to ice it and take ibuprofen to help it heal. That weekend I went to Oklahoma to help a dear friend of mine clean out her father and step mothers house. She lost her step mom in November and her dad past away the end of March. Please keep her and her brother and half siblings in your prayers. So needless to say, there was not much resting of my wrist. A week later it was still hurting intensly. So much so that at night I couldn't go to sleep from the pain. I FINALLY decided to bite the bullet and head to the dr. I find out that I have SEVERE tendinitis and it needs to be in a splint for possibly 4 weeks. This thing is not comfortable and it's HOT!! I can't do anything with it on, I guess that's the whole purpose of it. So that's me.

Then Sunday after church I went to pick Macy up from her class and get ready for our BIG celebration picnic (It was children's day at church). As soon as I saw her I knew that she was not feeling good. She's the child that all you have to do is look in her eyes and you can see it. She told me her head was hurting and she didn't feel good. She was running a fever too. Why is it ALWAYS on the weekend when they get sick? I waited till the next day to call the dr. She ran a 104 temp all night. Nothing was getting it down. I stayed up rubbing a cool cloth over her. We got in to the dr. and found out she had HERPANGINA. She had a rough couple of nights and days but today woke up fever free and feeling a lot better. She still has a little bit of sore throat but she actually ate some lunch.
Hopefully that will be it for a while.

Please continue to pray for our family as some big decisions are about to be made. Pray that it will be GOD'S will whatever we decide. More to come.....

1 comments:

Chell said...

Sending thoughts and prayers your way! Seems as though you guys can't catch a break in the sick department!