Saturday, February 7, 2009

A new addition to the family.....

Let me introduce to you.......
COOPER!!!






Yes, that's right, we have a new member in the family in way of a bassett hound puppy. He is an early SURPRISE valentine's present for Hubs. As many of you know, we lost our 14 year old bassett hound in Nov. Hubs has always wanted another bassett so I decided to surprise him. I went to the breeder yesterday and FELL IN LOVE. He is the cutest thing ever. I must say that Hubs, was quite surprised when he got home and I gave him his Valentine's day card and in it it said "I hope you enjoy your present" He even made the comment, "Oh honey, a new puppy." (not knowing there was one laying asleep in the corner). I said, "Don't you wish." "Go open the sack by Macy." He walked over and saw Cooper laying there in deep slumber. HE WAS SHOCKED!! Even asking a few times, "Who does it belong to?" However, it didn't take him long to warm up and love on him. (as you will see in the picture below). He's starting to show that ornery puppy side today. Yesterday, he spent the evening getting adjusted to his new home. We are also dog sitting our friends female bassett, Maggie. Thank goodness, because Cooper thinks she just like his momma. Our beagle, Riley is still warming up to the whole idea of having a little brother. He's been pretty good with him, so far. Only a few little snaps when he's had enough of Cooper crawling on top of him. We've only had one small tee tee accident in the house. It's definitely different having a little guy in the house again. It's been over 9 years since we've had a puppy and even then it was just Hubs and I. We are already so in love with this little guy. I'll let you know what I think in a few more days once the biting and chewing start...HA!!! Oh the joys of puppies. Funny story.....

This morning I hear Macy screaming NO! NO! There are times when she is a little bit scared of Maggie. So I try to call Maggie and she doesn't come. I go in the living room to find Macy screaming at Cooper who is trying to use Macy's thigh as a chew toy. He has her pinned her chair. Poor little girl. So now anytime Cooper comes towards her she yells no and jumps to higher ground.

More of Cooper....





Playing with Maggie.


Tired as can be.


Look at those ears and those paws..SO CUTE!!



Plain tuckered out.


Cuddled up with daddy.

We are going to have a weekend of playing and cleaning...Hope yours is great too.

1 comments:

lots_of_love_four_kids said...

Oh my goodness that pup is SOOOOOO cute! Hope you all had a great weekend! Thanks for sharing these cute pics with us! Take care!
-Jenni