Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's just getting worse...

Ok, so I'm really bad about blogging on this thing. I can't figure out what my deal is. Could it be that I've not felt well, my youngest hasn't felt well, I'm chasing a PUPPY EVERYWHERE, trying to keep a clean house, trying to plan a Valentine's party for my oldest child's kindergarten class, and trying to relax some too. There just isn't enough time in the day.
However, we are still enjoying (AT TIMES) Cooper. He has definitely found his ornery side and shows it FULL FORCE. He is into everything, takes everything and runs, bites on the girls ankles as they run and scream/laugh (he thinks they are playing), and not to mention trying to potty train...OH MY!! Any tips would be MUCH WELCOMED at this point. Riley was nothing like this dog. All in all though, we wouldn't trade him for the world. He is so much fun and that's exactly what he's all about....FUN!!
We've had another busy week. Macy hasn't been feeling just real great all week. She's had a little bit of a cough, congestion, and low grade fever so that's kept us in a lot more than I needed to be. Today, she did go to school because it was her Valentine's party and she was not about to miss that. She was so excited about all the candy and cards she got. Madeline has her party tomorrow and I will be so glad when it is over. I am the room mom for her class so I have spent this week trying to gather all the stuff needed for the party to decorate, eat, and made 23 foam frames. After tomorrow afternoon, I hope to rest.
Now, I'm going to take a paragraph of my own blog to BRAG on my Madeline. I can do that because this is my blog and well, I want to document important things that happen. So here I go. Today while I was at the school trying to get some last minute things for the party ready and talking to Madeline's WONDERFUL teacher she told me to come out into the hall that she wanted to show me something. We went to the hallway and on the walls the kids had written stories about Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. She had asked them to write a sentence on each one telling something about them. Madeline wrote TWO PAGES on both. Her writing looked so good and she did a fabulous job on her spelling. Her teacher was very impressed with her and bragged that she was WAY ready for 1st grade and that in fact she could send her there (kidding). I told her, "NO WAY, she's staying with you and then next year could you move to 1st grade?" She is already reading at a 1st grade beginning level her teacher said. We are so proud of her and hope that she keeps this up ALL THE WAY THROUGH HER SCHOOLING YEARS! She gets it from her daddy. Thanks for letting me brag.
This blog is all over the place, can you tell? I've been pretty scatter brained as of lately. Don't know why. Some of you have asked if Hubs and I are still on the South Beach diet? The answer: Yes and No. We aren't following it TO THE T (like in the beginning) but are doing good and still making healthier choices. Remember, we started the diet on Jan. 1st. Hubs has lost 18 pounds and I have lost 15 pounds. It's a little harder on Hubs to do the diet strictly because he has been working some long hours at work and they have been bringing food in and well, it isn't always the healthiest choices but he tries his best to still be good. I'm still proud of us though.
That is us and all that is happening. Hope you all have a LOVELY Valentine's and get to spend it doing something fun with your Loved one. We are going to dinner with some friends and I don't know what else. We have a sitter for the entire evening so the possibilities are open.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! How cute is Cooper! I love his big floppy ears! He looks so cuddly! :O