Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's a small world....

Yesterday, I went to the DREADED WALMART to do my grocery shopping. I know that Friday's are normally very busy at Walmart and yesterday was no different. However, we had NO FOOD in our house. When your 5 year old opens the pantry doors to find a snack and says "There is nothing in here to eat mom." it's time to get some groceries. After dropping Madeline off at school, Macy and I headed to do the one thing I hate the most....getting groceries.
I'm going up and down the aisles, grabbing the things off my list (and maybe a few extras) when I see a very familiar face coming at me. Racking my brain very quickly, I try to think where I know this lady from. I look down at her TWO BEAUTIFUL daughters when I recognize the oldest one. Could it really be who I think it is? It comes to me that she is a blogger as well. I read (blog lurk) LOTS of blogs and hers was one of them. Is it really her or just a VERY SIMILAR look alike. If I go up to her, ask her if she is who I think she is and she's not, then I'm some CRAZY person. If I'm right, then WOW! I just met a fellow blogger that I love reading her blog. As I continue shopping, I past her a few more times but still chose to say nothing. However, I couldn't wait to get home, log in to the computer, send her a message asking if it was her. My instincts were RIGHT!! It was her, it was The Flying Mum. I was turned onto her site through Kelly's Korner, some time ago. I read as she prepared to have her second child and now has two precious daughters.
Now I'm kicking myself wishing I'd have said something to her. Come to find out after emailing a few times back and forth we live about two neighborhoods apart. Small world huh? Have you ever ran into a fellow blogger?

1 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow, that is so neat! what a small world and so fun!