Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A trip to the doctor...

Yes, that's right, we went to the doctor this morning. This time however, it was NOT for ME. Thank goodness. Madeline has been complaining off and on of her left ear hurting for the past week. Yesterday while she was swimming she REALLY complained that it hurt when she went under water. Being the great mom (sarcasm here) that I am, I called the doc. and made an appointment. We went to the doctor this morning at 11:15 and found out that it's NOT an ear infection but that it IS swimmers ear. What does that mean? Basically that she cannot swim for FIVE days...UGH! Madeline was not happy when the doctor told us this and when the doctor walked out of the room to go write the script for the meds to help her ear she said to me, "Mom, I'm really mad and not liking this ear (pointing to the left ear) right now." "It's making me not be able to swim for A LONG time." Sorry dear. So I guess we will stay out of the water for the next few days which is going to not be fun for her. Luckily today she is spending the entire afternoon at gymnastics camp. While she is there, Macy and I are going to run some errands that I need to do before we leave for OKC.
I want to ask all of you before I go today, please keep my friends Chad and Kelly in your prayers. They were preparing to be able to take sweet Brayden home this week when things changed drastically for them Monday evening. Read their blog (Kositzky family) on the side of my page to know the "Specifics". Hope you all have a great rest of the week. My week will consist of finishing all laundry, packing, cleaning, and heading to OK. YEA!!
*EDIT* I'm asking for all PRAYER WARRIORS, my friends sweet son has taken a drastic turn today. He is currently on life support fighting for his life. I am praying for GOD'S WILL for his life but also strength for Chad and Kelly. I can't begin to imagine the worry, fear, stress, heartache that goes along with watching your child struggle and not being able to do anything to help. PRAYER WORKS!!
Take care and we love you all....
Danielle

1 comments:

Our family said...

Be happy you caught the swimmers ear early..it gets nasty...also watch after she finishes the meds that it doesn't come back. Take a blow dryer on low and cool and blow into the ears to dry them out after swimming. I speak from my own personal dealings with this. My ear swelled shut from it and it is very painful. Good luck and have a safe trip in OKC..Call me when you get back so we can hangout. HUGS