Friday, June 27, 2008

Let's get caught up....

The girls and I made it back from Oklahoma last Sunday afternoon. We had a lot of fun in Oklahoma City seeing all our family and a few friends. We got back in time to unpack the car, rest for a couple of hours, then Madeline and I headed off to our first night of VBS at church. I worked with one of the "going into Kindergarten" groups. We had so much fun. This was the first year that Madeline was old enough to go and she absolutely LOVED it.



Madeline holding the beach ball during VBS service.



Inside the auditorium during VBS.



Madeline and her friend Rileigh that she invited to come with her.

In other news, we have been trying to get all the bags unpacked and the laundry caught up. When I came home from Oklahoma, Brad was painting the entry way. It's looking good but now I need to start putting some stuff back on the walls. We are slowly getting there with all the painting. We have the formal dining and living, family room, kitchen, and our bedroom to go. UGH!!! I really hate painting. I've been trying to get my little brother here for ever to paint because he is so amazing at it. Maybe he'll make it here to do the RED I want in the kitchen. Leave the hard work for the professional.
Let's see what else have we been doing. Oh, Madeline's friend Rachel (next door) got a Wii for her birthday and let's just say the kids can't get the adults off of it. It's quite addicting and SO MUCH fun. Brad and I want one. We even had a Wii tournament night Friday night. I have never, nor has Brad, ever been into video games until now. The neighbors are going to get tired of us...HA!
I also have some exciting news to share (I hope I don't get into trouble for putting this on here) but I am going to be an aunt again. Yes, you read that right. My older brother, Aaron and his girlfriend of almost tree years are having a baby in late Jan/early Feb. I am SO EXCITED. I love Jaime and her son Garrett and am excited that there will be another little one running around. Really I can't wait to see my semi-neurotic brother with a child.
Ok, well I've rambled enough but I do want to continue to ask for prayers for Chad and Kelly as they said their final goodbye to their precious son yesterday. Today is his Celebration of Life which I know will be so powerful. They are amazing people with amazing strength. I got an awesome email from Chad's mom last night telling me about their family graveside service yesterday and how at peace they all are. I can't imagine but I do know that OUR GOD IS GOOD!!!
Have a great week!!
Love,
D

0 comments: