Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Baby is Coming...

*Update* My SIL went to the dr. yesterday and is feeling much better. It must have been just a yucky virus. Her blood pressure was lower than the day before and Baby Sutton still looks great. Thanks for all your prayers. Now we just wait for his grand arrival.
Got ya, didn't I? No, I don't have a baby coming but my sister in law does. My nephew, Sutton, is due to arrive by September 2. The girls and I spent 10 days in Oklahoma in mid-July. During that time we celebrated his upcoming arrival by hosting a baby shower and then attending one.
My other sister in law, Katie, and several of my sister in laws friends helped me in hosting a great shower for Baby Sutton. We had a great time and she got lots of great gifts that will be very helpful for when he arrives. We had a mid morning shower where we hosted "brunchy" type foods. There were about 30 women there. Here are some pictures from that day.

Aunt Mich (Michelle) and Madeline with the glider that all the hostesses went in together and got them.



My two WONDERFUL sister in laws.



The beautiful table...



This is Baby Sutton's coming home outfit. So sweet!



Diaper Wreath on the front door. It was SUPER CUTE! One of the hostesses made it.




Me with my beautiful girls....



All the hostesses with the mommy to be.



She also had a shower hosted by a group of ladies from the church her husband grew up in. They were the sweetest ladies. They got a lot of things at this shower that they needed and not a lot of what they got at the previous shower. I think they are set and ready for Sutton to arrive. A glimpse at this shower........

The proud mommy and daddy to be.


I have to say that my girls will be really upset when Sutton does arrive and they realize that Uncle Brad is no longer just THEIRS. The use him for airplane rides, train rides, a human jungle gym, and so much more. When his time is occupied by his own child they will be so upset. I know he will still give them SOME rides just not constant rides. Right, Uncle Brad?

Look at my two BEAUTIES!! They look like they really do love each other....HA!!


Getting ready to open presents...



My father in law made this ADORABLE chandelier to go in the room. My brother in law loves airplanes. Isn't it cute?





At the end of the night we took one last picture. We love Aunt Mich and Uncle Brad.



We can't wait for Baby Sutton's arrival. However, please be in prayer for my sister in law. She has been very sick (unable to keep anything down) for the past few days and is having extreme swelling. As of yesterday, her blood pressure was fine and she had no protein. She goes back to the doctor today for her normal appointment. Hopefully, she is better and can hold on. We don't want them to have to take Sutton early and we definitely want her to feel better. She has had a very pleasant pregnancy thus far.

We did a whole lot more while we were in Oklahoma but that will be for the next post. Also, there is still an AWESOME, INCREDIBLE blog coming up that you won't want to miss...Keep checking back.

Lastly, PLEASE be in prayer for our family, especially my youngest, Macy. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she was diagnosed with the SWINE flu. I know, I was just as shocked as you are. We are all taking Tamiflu in the hopes that know one else catches it. The only place I can imagine that she picked it up was at McDonalds on the playground. That's the only place we have been where she's been around other kids. (other than her Sunday school class at church). Thank you in advance for your prayers.

0 comments: